free website stats program Climbing trouble | Harley Davidson Forums

Climbing trouble

ffejski

I'm Jeff new to the forum, hi to all,
I have 1995 FLSTN, heads done, S&S super E, V&H exhaust with crossover. I will try to describe my problem and appreciate any help I can get. I have had the bike for ten years. When riding two up and pulling up a hill there is the feeling of a hesitation under 1/4 throttle, like a slight bucking, like I'm tapping the brake. It goes away when applying more throttle. It's not rythmic but more random. I don't hear a misfire, and the bike seems to vibrate a little more than it used to. The primary chain is adjusted correctly, new plugs installed. Could this be a compensator issue and how do I check it? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to The Forum, The older comp sprockets did not pose many problems, have you checked your primary chain tension and belt deflection yet?

Welcome from So. Texas. I agree with rhino 2 because you say 2 up. As far as you extra vibration I would check your motor mounts for tightness. Your top mount could also be broken.
tourbox

You don't say how many miles are on your bike or if you have done a compression test or leak down test. I take it since you say you have had the bike for 10 years this is a new problem. I would make sure the motor is up to snuff and I would also check the clutch plates and steels. Over the years things do wear out and get out of adjustment.

You don't say how many miles are on your bike or if you have done a compression test or leak down test. I take it since you say you have had the bike for 10 years this is a new problem. I would make sure the motor is up to snuff and I would also check the clutch plates and steels. Over the years things do wear out and get out of adjustment.

I'm going to dive in this week the bike has 56,000 miles on it. I'll post what I find. Thanks to all

Back