free website stats program Climbing trouble | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Climbing trouble

Ok so here is what I found. I tightened up my primary chain and adjusted my clutch. I replaced the rear tire and aligned the wheel. The stuttering still exists but to a lesser degree. Then the other morning I pulled out of the driveway and forgot to turn the fuel on and the bike acted the same way as it started to run out of fuel. I think I have a lean condition just off idle. Would changing the low jet help this. I have no recollection of whats in there. I think it's a 28.

Ok so here is what I found. I tightened up my primary chain and adjusted my clutch. I replaced the rear tire and aligned the wheel. The stuttering still exists but to a lesser degree. Then the other morning I pulled out of the driveway and forgot to turn the fuel on and the bike acted the same way as it started to run out of fuel. I think I have a lean condition just off idle. Would changing the low jet help this. I have no recollection of whats in there. I think it's a 28.

It sure cannot hurt, have you cleaned the strainer does your bike have a vacuum operated petcock?

Can't hurt. Your next size would be a 29.5. While you are there ck. the high speed jet for size.
tourbox

The Coil on my 1994 FLSTC gave me symptoms like you are describing before it quit completly. Felt like fuel issues..and when i changed it the bike ran great again.

The guys here are much more in tune than I am but the coil failing but not totally gone can give these symptoms.

So this weekend I took the bowl off the carb. and upped the low jet to 31 it turned out to be 29.5. I also found the float was out of adjustment again for the third time in 10 years. Cleaned the carb out and put everything back together. Also found a leak in the fuel line and cut off the bad end. Took a short ride (the weather is crappy) and everything seems good. The bike idles better and the power is way smoother. Thanks for all the advise.

Back