free website stats program checking tranny and primary oil's | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

checking tranny and primary oil's

As far as I know they all call for 32oz. My 07 FLH Service manual calls for 32ozs.
"Pour 32 ounces (0.95 liter) of GENUINE Harley Davidson FORMULA+ TRANSMISSION AND PRIMARY CHAIN CASE LUBRICANT part # 99851-05quart) through the clutch inspection cover opening."
And nothing on actually checking the level! :shock
The 06 books all say to check primary oil level with the motorcycle resting on the Jiffy stand and that it should no more than 1/4 inch below the cover opening. But still calls for 32oz for a change and refill.
Older bikes are just as you say but I only use a qt when I change the new bikes.

Mine must be the newer updated model with the higher measurements in it :D It's correct too, I checked.:s

Last edited:
You have no idea of what I just went through to up load these just for you :D

Lower left of page 151

Primarylube4jpg.png

Upper right of page 153

Primarylube1.png

Last edited:
You have no idea of what I just went through to up load these just for you :D

Primarylube4jpg.png

Primarylube1.png
WOW that's totally different than what my book is. Mine doesnt even have the Check oil level section and calls for 32oz for a change and 38oz for a dry fill? I'm going down to the shop and see what gives. Be back later.

I wonder why the differences in the quantities between the two bikes. If I recall there were some errors in some of the manuals, wonder if this was one of them.

The 06 books all say to check primary oil level with the motorcycle resting on the Jiffy stand and that it should no more than 1/4 inch below the cover opening. But still calls for 32oz for a change and refill.

The 06 bikes were 88's not 96's.

My whole 07 set has wrong or missing info, I bought the set in Nov06 (full 07 set), HD says I should have received a recall letter no later than Feb07 and they have a correct set on the way (08 on order as well) . Seams the wrong info is as you say for TC88 bikes and the missing info is just that MISSING, also photos with the wrong caption numbers.
Let's just say I'm not a happy camper today but I've cooled way down from yesterday :x
My wrong, sorry man!! :57:

Attachments

• Touring page 26.jpg
    Touring page 26.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Touring Page 27.jpg
    Touring Page 27.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 9
Only the wife's Lowrider is a 07 the rest are 06 or older.
I'm going to change hers today along with the Six-Speed 75w140 for the trans.
Let you know how much difference it makes.

I have an '07 FXST and my owners manual say 32 oz. totaly different than what yours says glider??? I'm going to the dealer today to ask them ***. Thanks guys.

Back