free website stats program Checking tire pressure. | Harley Davidson Forums

Checking tire pressure.

I have a 2011 ultra classic and to be honest i'm having a heck of a time checking the rear tire pressure or even filling it up with air. More air comes out before i'm able to get the darn thing on to fill the tire up. The rear disk brake is the problem. It's get in the way and i usually have to bend the valve stem in order to check or fill it up. Any suggestions from anyone to make this process easier?

I have a 2011 ultra classic and to be honest i'm having a heck of a time checking the rear tire pressure or even filling it up with air. More air comes out before i'm able to get the darn thing on to fill the tire up. The rear disk brake is the problem. It's get in the way and i usually have to bend the valve stem in order to check or fill it up. Any suggestions from anyone to make this process easier?

Air Chucks - Tire Air Chuck | Northern Tool check these out, and roll your bike so the valve is at the bottom of the tire

had the same problem when i first got my RK. used my digital that i use for the softail but wouldn't quite fit properly. found a lower profile gauge and no problem

Patience..I had to learn that from 2008 EG trying to check and fill tires to spec. I guess it would be to hard to install angled valve stems...Huh!!:)

Easiest way I found to date is to raise bike on jack @ home & check/fill tires. Gives just enough rear ground clearance & I have HD's $pendy air gage to use for checks. Plan to swap rear stem w/90 angle when tire's swapped.

Anybody happen to know off the top of their head if any of the tubes for spoked wheels are available with angled stems?

When you find a gauge that works. Try overfilling the tire slightly, and then release the gauge from the stem lightly to let a little air out, then press back on to seal and get a reading. Repeat until you hit the desired pressure, then release the gauge quickly and call it good.

Back