free website stats program check engine light "OFF"..no fuel pump | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

check engine light "OFF"..no fuel pump

I'm not trying to insult you but I've found it never pays to overlook the obvious or assume anything.

Is there a chance you accidently bumped the "Run" switch to "Off" while turning the corner for home and then got preoccupied with everything else and forgot to put it back to "Run"?

WooHOO, good call Doolittle!! and so gently suggested. :worthy:worthy:worthy

Most members on this forum are much more technically savvy than I am. I just throw out the somewhat obvious things that sometimes get overlooked in the frenzy to troubleshoot something annoying. Once in a blue moon my advice actually ends up being helpful. I'll sleep well tonight!

Glad you got it figured out and can get out and ride again!

Doofus that I am, I once hit the kill switch instead of the turn signal. Must have been a glitch in my brain stem. so such can happen, if turning right.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Hey Dr. your Killing my profit margin. I was about to sell Jerry a New ECM!:p

Nice work Dr.!

Don't feel alone about the run/stop switch. I once dropped my metric when I stalled it coming out of a parking lot in second gear. I cranked it near to death. My cousin came over and said "look here". The switch had been bumped to off when I fell. I know it makes us feel stupid but it has happen to more than a few, I'll bet. That was a few years ago. After taking the MSF riders course and learning the fine-c method of starting, it hasn't happened again. Ride safe.

I used to use that kill switch on my suzuki to set off the backfire . Gets people 's attention :small3d031: Aww come on , you know you've done it

Lots of people have made that same mistake... don't ask how I know. :)

Is it really a bad thing to do? (backfire with kill switch).. I have a Yammy and I do it whenever I go under an overpass. So far nothing has fell off the bike..

Back