free website stats program Charging Problems? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Charging Problems?

...we are guessing and dont know why we have this help section ...all that you guys have said can be said by anyone with no knowlege of this stuff ...after i find out what it is thats doing this ill help the other guy for you.

Cheap shot. Diagnosing something over the phone or internet is not always straight forward. You did not say if you had tools/test equipment readily available to you. You did not say if you had a service manual near by.

When it comes to batteries, even if you were to go out and replace a 2-3 year old battery with a new one, and then find out your old battery was still good, it is not a waste of money. Having a Fresh battery will always take a load off your stator and regulator.

like i said ...not trying to sound mean ...
but its like going to a doctor and saying my lungs hurt
...the doctor says back *are you breathing ...*

just here to get help ...sorry it went over your head and try lithium batteries or how ever you spell it.
since here in the United States of Amerca most harley shops are closed on Sundays ...i thought i would try the net ...big mistake

for the guy with the same problem ...get with me ill help you out ...after a few minutes with the old schoolers found the problem and had it fixed in a hour

As with anything else, if you give an accurate description, there is help available but YOU must learn that we are trying to help with a problem over the net which is difficult to do sometimes. We can give you an idea of what to look for and you can pursue it then. We have no idea of your capabilities or what you have done so park the chip and if you don't want help from the very knowledgeable members on the forum, then log off, very simple.

i agree ...but if i buy a 1 year battery i want it to last 1 year ...i wont buy 1 every weekend ...lack of funds keep me from doing this ...if i was rich then i wouldnt care ...yes that right im a poor boy with high dollar toys ...if i had new bike every weekend would be better

whats wrong glider ...dont want me to help the guy with the same problem as what i had?

as you wish ...later

for the guy with the same problem ...get with me on a real biker site ill help you out

later clowns

Last edited by a moderator:
So long Doc! :D

It's all in the way you come across on the forum. We take the "be polite" rule rather serious here.

Clowns, I think not just a bunch of guys and gals trying to help one another. Its all about personal experiences and knowledge and sharing, I take offense to any one calling another member of this or any forum a clown Bye Bye now, Jack and Glider, Hobbit , Chopper and all I support this forum and think u all are great at what u all are doing to keep this a great forum

I refuse to let any jerk that just joined today come on and abuse any of our members. We are all here to help and Doc thought he knew it all because he "just went through it". Probably belongs to one of the forums where they wear flame proof suits :lolrolling

Thanks Jack.

like i said ...not trying to sound mean ...
but its like going to a doctor and saying my lungs hurt
...the doctor says back *are you breathing ...*

just here to get help ...sorry it went over your head and try lithium batteries or how ever you spell it.
since here in the United States of Amerca most harley shops are closed on Sundays ...i thought i would try the net ...big mistake

for the guy with the same problem ...get with me ill help you out ...after a few minutes with the old schoolers found the problem and had it fixed in a hour
Hey Doc, I'm replying because you spelled lithium right, it shows me you can use spell check, so I'm sure, if you can use spell check, you can use a volt meter. You can not diagnose anything with out some facts, and to get facts you must run tests. NEWHD74FAN has a good point about the charging system but unless you run a voltage test it's a unkown. The self help section is here to give members some tools to work with, not a fix all, that's why it's called self help. The forum is here so we can all trade information and ideas while having a good time, sorry you're not. I apologize for referring to you as a jerk, I did not know you were foreign.

thanks Jack its really appreciated

I have a great respect for u and Glider, Chopper, Smitty, Richard and all and have learned alot here, Hoople has the Electrical down to a science

Back