free website stats program Changing of Road Glide Handle bars | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Changing of Road Glide Handle bars

Try, really hard, ta talk him into having the shop change out the wiring harnesses for him, it'll save everyone alot of grief. I put the Chubby Touring Pullbacks on my CVO.......love the bars but it took me 2 days, got a few of the wires crossed and stuff wouldn't work. lucky I didn't blow up the CPU. One thing I'd do is, without putting em back in the pin connecter, plug my pins into the other half of the connecters before I put the pin connecters back together and the fairing back on, make sure everthing works. It might be a little tricky, you'll hafta use tape or something to make sure you don't short anything, if ya don't wanna try that, at least plug everything in and run the bike, make sure the throttle works, before you put the fairing back on, it'll save you having to take everything back apart.

Try, really hard, ta talk him into having the shop change out the wiring harnesses for him, it'll save everyone alot of grief. I put the Chubby Touring Pullbacks on my CVO.......love the bars but it took me 2 days, got a few of the wires crossed and stuff wouldn't work. lucky I didn't blow up the CPU. One thing I'd do is, without putting em back in the pin connecter, plug my pins into the other half of the connecters before I put the pin connecters back together and the fairing back on, make sure everthing works. It might be a little tricky, you'll hafta use tape or something to make sure you don't short anything, if ya don't wanna try that, at least plug everything in and run the bike, make sure the throttle works, before you put the fairing back on, it'll save you having to take everything back apart.

He did try to talk the dealer into doing it for him. They wanted him to reassemble everything and bring the whole bike into the shop....

Sounds like time to find a new dealer, if he gets a HD service manual for his bike I'm sure he can handle the job, pulling the pins from connectors is not hard, after he gets the first one pulled it will all makes sense.

Back