free website stats program Changed the windshield angle | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Changed the windshield angle

My version of an adjustable windshield mount. Leans the shield back a good ways or can be adjusted back to original angle. Aluminum 1/8" x 1" stock. Just a short flat bar. Mounting holes are 1" apart with stainless hardware and locking nuts.
windshieldmount2.jpg
windshieldmount1.jpg

Genuine Yamaha Luggage Rack
yamaharackmount1.jpg
yamaharackmount3.jpg
yamaharackmount2.jpg
yamaharackmount4.jpg

When I get the hitch on and wired, then the braces will be changed to 1/4" aluminum and rounded. Through the tag with stainless stuff and acorn nuts. That's a Harley turn signal relocation kit. Also will remove the shiny cover on the struts. Like the black better. I'll do that when I put the Progressive black heavy duty shocks on.

Last edited:
Today I made the test, not just the shield angle. I added transparent lowers and a front wheel air baffle.

YES it works, all of the above. Was out for over an hour, 75+ on 95 same on 15 Merit parkway, gusts over 30mph. No helmet lift or smashed face. I could hear the exhaust.

The payback for the ride was about an hour washing the white stuff off, everywhere.

I tried to upload pics, failed again (64kb 64X480)

Al

07 FLSTC this winter I cut 2 1/4 off the windshield in FEB and just got to ride yesterday I can say it helped the buffeting and later this summer I will like the little bit of extra wind on my face, cause the wife wont ride without the shield...

I have a 2007 Softail Custom. I rode 120 miles with my stock Harley windshield and could not stand the wind buffeting, so I took it off and rode to Sturgis and back without a windshield (about 600 miles one way). I would like to find a way to modify my windshield or mounting brackets (I have the old style mount with the rubber grommets) so I can eliminate the terrible wind buffetting problem. I have heard if you stand the windshield more upright and less leaned back that you can eliminate the buffetting problem. However the fix I was told with this was to unhook the top of the windshield from the mounts, lean it forward and strap a bungee to hold the windshield in place (not exactly the look I am going for). Also, I am 6'3" and I imagine Harley did not engineer for a taller rider. I expected for the money I paid for the windshield that it would actually deflect the wind and not cause me more problems than I was having before putting the windshield on. It is also unsafe, passing semi's caused the visor on my 3/4 helmet to flip up multiple times at 75 MPH!!! I was thinking of creating some small brackets for the top windshield mounts and trying to move the top of the windshield forward maybe an inch and trying that out. Let me know if there are any other options.

Back