free website stats program Changed the windshield angle | Harley Davidson Forums

Changed the windshield angle

eleft36

Glider,
I think I showed you how up right the windshield was on my bike. I made links today to get it to lean back.
Al

Attachments

• IMG_0651 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0651 (Medium).JPG
    37 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_0652 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0652 (Medium).JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG_0653 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0653 (Medium).JPG
    79 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_0655 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0655 (Medium).JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_0656 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0656 (Medium).JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 468
You should see the bag supports that eleft made. They look factory fresh. Very talented man.

Is there a problem with the way the air flows or just because of the look?.

There is a problem, I feel the buffeting is excessive.

Wind gusts, passing or following a semi puts you on notice real quick. I have a feeling of pushing the air forward instead of it flowing off the shield.

I can't prove this will make a difference yet, to much road salt spray and it's still a bit chilly here. I'll post the results.

I have the quick release on my XL, it leans back. The buffeting is minimal compared to the FXSTC's uppright.

Al

You should see the bag supports that eleft made. They look factory fresh. Very talented man.

Thanks Glider, It was one of those 3am brain flashes we talked about.

I can't wait to put it to a test.

Al

I can't prove this will make a difference yet, to much road salt spray and it's still a bit chilly here. I'll post the results.

I have the quick release on my XL, it leans back. The buffeting is minimal compared to the FXSTC's uppright.

Al

Please post the results when you get a change, very engineering pieces by the way.

Genius!!! It always amazes me when someone comes up with something small that can make such a difference. Well done!! Make sure you get a patent on it before you go shopping it to companies.

Thanks Glider, It was one of those 3am brain flashes we talked about.

I can't wait to put it to a test.

Al

I think it will help. I've got mine angled back quite a bit. leaning it back will also lower the top of the screen a little.

Glider,
I think I showed you how up right the windshield was on my bike. I made links today to get it to lean back.
Al
I'll try to take some pics of my solution. Same kind of principle, just different. Though mine aren't as elegant. Take the pics tomorrow.

Glider,
Al

Nice metal work and finish. Gotta love the ingenuity coupled with Do It Yourself mindset. :D

Back