Changed the windshield angle

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by eleft36, Jan 3, 2009.

1. eleft36

eleft36 Junior Member

Glider,
    I think I showed you how up right the windshield was on my bike. I made links today to get it to lean back.
    Al

Attached Files:

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

You should see the bag supports that eleft made. They look factory fresh. Very talented man.

3. SeaRider04

SeaRider04 Active Member

Is there a problem with the way the air flows or just because of the look?.

4. eleft36

eleft36 Junior Member

There is a problem, I feel the buffeting is excessive.

Wind gusts, passing or following a semi puts you on notice real quick. I have a feeling of pushing the air forward instead of it flowing off the shield.

I can't prove this will make a difference yet, to much road salt spray and it's still a bit chilly here. I'll post the results.

I have the quick release on my XL, it leans back. The buffeting is minimal compared to the FXSTC's uppright.

Al

Thanks Glider, It was one of those 3am brain flashes we talked about.

I can't wait to put it to a test.

Al

5. SeaRider04

SeaRider04 Active Member

Please post the results when you get a change, very engineering pieces by the way.

6. krikket

krikket Active Member

Genius!!! It always amazes me when someone comes up with something small that can make such a difference. Well done!! Make sure you get a patent on it before you go shopping it to companies.

7. threesteps

threesteps Junior Member

Professional job. As said earlier, let us know how you like the results.

8. wildspirit97

wildspirit97 Senior Member

I think it will help. I've got mine angled back quite a bit. leaning it back will also lower the top of the screen a little.

9. docsledge

docsledge Active Member

I'll try to take some pics of my solution. Same kind of principle, just different. Though mine aren't as elegant. Take the pics tomorrow.

10. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Nice metal work and finish. Gotta love the ingenuity coupled with Do It Yourself mindset. :D