free website stats program Carrying a helmet | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Carrying a helmet

Why don't ya just leave the helmet with her and let her worry about where to put it? Probably can place it in a drawer or closet at work. Just a thought.
Ugly John

Took the words right out of my mouth John. But if my friend didn't want to take care of the helmet, I used to use a cargo net on my Sporty. Never had a problem.

Thanks everyone, They do make a large size for full helmets but I just use the half. I don't know about the hooks,I'll just have to wait and see when I get it. It won't be the first thing I got stung on. I'll let you know. I would leave the helmet with her but I sometimes have two friends. Thanks again all

I always carry a spare helmet when I travel just in case. I use a small cargo net and strap it to the back of the bar.

Cargo net for me.

I checked out the cargo nets at my local Harley dealership and found them to be too big for my luggage rack. The type sold by Harley use plastic-coated metal hooks with rubber tips. Seems like potential scratches to me, so I passed on the idea.

Another vote for the cargo net. Check in the automotive section at Wal-Mart. I got one there that works pretty well, and was a lot cheaper than the ones at the dealer.

I'm probably the only guy on here that uses a full-face helmet....
I've never had a decent windshield up until yesterday, and now I'm seriously thinking of getting a half helmet 'cause the windshield takes the edge off nicely.

My buddies (who all ride non-HD bikes) think I look weird with my full face helmet on my Street Bob...:khee:(

I received the Helmet Hog and I think it's pretty good. Stretches real tight over the helmet and rides fine, no movement. The hooks are covered in plastic or something and I'll keep a close eye on them. All in all, I'd say good product. Thanks all

Back