free website stats program Carrying a helmet | Harley Davidson Forums

Carrying a helmet

buck484

Contributor
I frequently carry a helmet for a friend to use when I pick her up. This is difficult since the fatboy I own doesn't have bags. Does anyone have a solution to offer? Thanks all.

Cargo net is what I was gonna' say too! LOL I LOVE those things and carry two in my bags along with some bungees at all times....ya' never know when you might stumble onto somethin' you just "gotta' have"! :s LOL
HRW

check this out:
Helmet-Hog
looks even better than a cargo net.

When I carry a helmet (I have a sissy bar), I just put the helmet over the sissy bar (the bar is narrow enough to fit inside the helmet) then run a bungee from one helmet strap, under the bottom of the bar pad, up to the other strap, and it ain't going anywhere.

Do any of you happen to have a pic of the cargo net on your bike? I am thinking of buying one and am wondering how it looks. I presently carry a spare lid in the saddle bag on my Heritage, but sometimes I need the space for cargo.

Hey all, Thanks again for the help. I just ordered the helmet-hog. It looks like just what I need. Thanks, Oz

Just looked at the Helmet Hog and really don't like it.

1) It's only good for half helmets
2) It doesn't look nearly as secure as the cargo netting
3) The hook looks like rubber coated metal...a disaster ready to happen. My cargo netting has thick plastic hooks which can't scratch chrome.

JMHO

Why don't ya just leave the helmet with her and let her worry about where to put it? Probably can place it in a drawer or closet at work. Just a thought.
Ugly John

Back