free website stats program Can you reccomend a quality wheel chock? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Can you reccomend a quality wheel chock?

I checked this one out and it looked pretty good. Do you, after loading it in the chock, further secure it down? I know that they sell the ratcheting straps which seem like the way to go but i was wondering if you also fastened down the rear end of the bike too just to be on the safe side.

I use the Bike-Pro and I also sell them.They are in my opinion the best on the market.Harbour Frieght sells a cheap knock off but it is junk.
When using the Bike-Pro I don't use the optional tire tie down I still use 4 straps.Two in front and two in the rear,just gives me the extra piece of mind.
I can wholesale you a Bike-Pro if you are interested pm me.

I use the Bike-Pro and I also sell them.They are in my opinion the best on the market.Harbour Frieght sells a cheap knock off but it is junk.
When using the Bike-Pro I don't use the optional tire tie down I still use 4 straps.Two in front and two in the rear,just gives me the extra piece of mind.
Steve, that's great. I am very interested in it. I bought a motorhome and my plan is to sometimes trailer the bike when we go places. I will PM you but please bear with me because currently I have been blindsided by bills coming at me from all angles. When it rains it pours!
But yes, the Bike Pro looks like the one that I'd like to get and I'll be in touch with you at some point when the time comes for me to get it.
Thanks a lot for offering it to me wholesale! Really appreciate it!

Another vote for Bike Pro, I have 4 of them in my motorcycle trailer and I like them quite well. I like that you can pull your bike into it and it will hold the bike upright while you tie it down ( I always tie down 2 ratchets straps in front and 2 cam lock in back)

I agree with Steve on the $15.00 wheel chock that Harbor Freight sells but the one I have is a very good wheel chock and you can't beat the price. Right now they have a 50% off coupon also!

Motorcycle Stand / Wheel Chock

I checked this one out and it looked pretty good. Do you, after loading it in the chock, further secure it down? I know that they sell the ratcheting straps which seem like the way to go but i was wondering if you also fastened down the rear end of the bike too just to be on the safe side.

The Bike Pro comes with a small tiedown to secure the tire in the chock so it doesn't bounce out. You will still need to have 4-point tie downs as others have mentioned. Even though the Bike Pro will hold up the bike when loading, it would not support lateral movements when trailering around corners.

The Bike Pro comes with a small tiedown to secure the tire in the chock so it doesn't bounce out. You will still need to have 4-point tie downs as others have mentioned. Even though the Bike Pro will hold up the bike when loading, it would not support lateral movements when trailering around corners.
I see your point. I certainly would want to secure it like you suggest. I don't want it to fall over whilst in transit!
Thanks!
Jim

Back