free website stats program Can you reccomend a quality wheel chock? | Harley Davidson Forums

Can you reccomend a quality wheel chock?

horizonchaser

Contributor
I recently acquired a landscaping trailer that I thought I would tow my bike on behind the motoerhome. I recall reading here that someone had said not to buy a cheap wheel chock as it may damage the tire. :( Well, I certainly want to avoid that. Can you recommend a good, quality one?
Thanks!
Jim

I think what they are warning you on is don't use things like stumps, logs, rocks or that kind of stuff. But if I'm pushed to it I'll use any darn thing I can get my hands on. I picked up a pair of heavy rubber chocks recently at a flea market for $5. Can't go wrong with something like that. But if you go new those would a little pricey. Any commercial chock will do pretty good except for some light plastic ones I've seen. This is what mine look like.
[URL=http://img822.imageshack.us/i/wheelchocks.jpg/][/URL]

Thanks guys. Really appreciate the feedback! I feel better just knowing that forum members actually use the ones that they recommend and like them! :s
I figure I can't go wrong that way!
Jim

I have a Bike Pro for my trailer. I installed the quick-remove version so that I can quickly remove the chock and return to a flat floor for hauling other stuff. They have cheaper versions that do not include the quick removal option. Here is an Amazon link to the chrome quick-remove option: Amazon.com: Bike Pro Wheel Chock Model# 20106: Everything Else
I checked this one out and it looked pretty good. Do you, after loading it in the chock, further secure it down? I know that they sell the ratcheting straps which seem like the way to go but i was wondering if you also fastened down the rear end of the bike too just to be on the safe side.

Back