Can you reccomend a quality wheel chock?

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by horizonchaser, Jul 29, 2012.

1. horizonchaser

horizonchaser Senior Member Contributor

I recently acquired a landscaping trailer that I thought I would tow my bike on behind the motoerhome. I recall reading here that someone had said not to buy a cheap wheel chock as it may damage the tire. :( Well, I certainly want to avoid that. Can you recommend a good, quality one?
    Thanks!
    Jim

2. hogcowboy

hogcowboy Active Member

I think what they are warning you on is don't use things like stumps, logs, rocks or that kind of stuff. But if I'm pushed to it I'll use any darn thing I can get my hands on. I picked up a pair of heavy rubber chocks recently at a flea market for $5. Can't go wrong with something like that. But if you go new those would a little pricey. Any commercial chock will do pretty good except for some light plastic ones I've seen. This is what mine look like.
    [​IMG]

3. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

4. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I own this chock. Throw it down on the floor in the garage or driveway. Drive the bike in and get off. The bike sits straight up and down. If I were using it in a trailer, I would bolt it down. Either way, great chock. Made in the USA by some great folks who understand customer service.

Motorcycle Wheel Chock - Camloc Motorcycle Wheel Chocks by J S Jacks

5. horizonchaser

Thanks guys. Really appreciate the feedback! I feel better just knowing that forum members actually use the ones that they recommend and like them! :s
    I figure I can't go wrong that way!
    Jim

6. bikemikewcr

bikemikewcr Active Member

I also have the Condor and use it in my enclosed trailer. Makes life much easier and they are sturdy.

7. Blue Wide Glide

Blue Wide Glide Junior Member

Get a Condor, that's all there is to it!!

8. Nuke99

Nuke99 Member

I have a Bike Pro for my trailer. I installed the quick-remove version so that I can quickly remove the chock and return to a flat floor for hauling other stuff. They have cheaper versions that do not include the quick removal option. Here is an Amazon link to the chrome quick-remove option: Amazon.com: Bike Pro Wheel Chock Model# 20106: Everything Else

9. horizonchaser

I checked this one out and it looked pretty good. Do you, after loading it in the chock, further secure it down? I know that they sell the ratcheting straps which seem like the way to go but i was wondering if you also fastened down the rear end of the bike too just to be on the safe side.

10. hogcowboy

hogcowboy Active Member

Geez I never thought of a chock for the motorcycle. I thought you meant for the trailer.:small3d031: