free website stats program cameras | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

cameras

Just a plain old Kodak easy share.

Picture_0015.jpg

I had a Pentax, but I returned it and bought a Sony Cyber-shot 8.1 megapixels. The other camera fit in my pocket better, but it did not have an optical view finder. When you get out in the sun, the display screen on the back of the camera becomes nearly impossible to see, and you are shooting blind. With an optical view finder, I can see what I am aiming at in any conditions. Put in a 2Gig memory card, and you are good for about 500 pictures.

We have a Canon Powershot 750 & it works gr8. Whenever I'm looking to buy any kind of technology item - I research on cnet.com b/c theh have expert reviews (like Consumer Report testers) & personal user reviews. They also provide "top-10" listings for many of their researched items. Might want to give it a try.

I have been sticking to Kodak's
they have good megapixels, quality
you can pick one up for 100 to 150
the best thing about them is, they take AA batteries, most others, you have to recharge a special battery. AA's are alot cheaper than buying an extra rechargable battery

What happened to the Nikon? Lots of service problems?

Nothing happened...Nikon is a mighty fine brand, was a little slow getting into the digital world...their 35mm bodies and lens topped the film technology cutting edge used by pros everywhere. I use an older Nikon digital camera, S10 that works great. With articulating lens, I can hold the camera way over my head and still take forward pictures easily. Only thing I don't like is not having my old fashion SLR thru the lens viewing, which is now the rage. And with the large 4GB or greater SD memory chip holds tons of hi res photos.

The real key to cameras nowadays is still the lens 10x or better, though many manufacturers have technology to try to trump each other. For example Sony pushes Carl Zeiss lenses, not so much the electronics par se' , or generic specs that is comparable to everyone else, but that is usually what separated pro level verses consumer level performance.

I also have an old fashion Kodac digital camera for snap shots, and works great...old school DC200 but makes good 640x480 type pix for e-mailing and such.

Last edited:
definatly get one that takes regular batteries. I have rechargables AA's and carry a few regular AA's as a back up

I ended up with a Canon PowerShot SX120IS. It has 10 m/p and a 10X zoom lens, uses regular AA batteries. $200 plus tax at Walmart. I have been playing with it and seems easy to use. Next discision is if I should buy the 2 year extended warranty for $20. I have 30 days to decide.
kemo

Back