free website stats program cameras | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

cameras

The best camera to have is the one that you have with you when that perfect memory needs to be captured! :s

I use an Olympus Stylus 710. It waterproof, has a rechargable battery, zoom len, video and removable SD card. you can find one for about $180.00

in the past when i had a camera nothing to take a pic of and when i wanted to take a pic i had no camera. now i have a LG Chocolate cell phone with a 3.2 mega pix camera that takes great pictures and packs all my jams with me as well. some of the new cells phones have cameras up to 8 mega pix but the best thing about them is you always have it with you.

Hey Kemo,

Some advice from a photographer.

Forget about megapixels. Seriously :) You only need about 5Mega pixels to print a standard album sized photograph, and an 8 Megapixel for an A4 sized print.

What you really want is a large image sensor, which will give you much less noise in the photograph when you shoot in low light conditions (Evening, night, shaded areas, etc.) and allows you NOT to use the flash to capture those beautiful colors that are all around.

If you are looking for a good compact, choices are quite limited. I would suggest the following:

Ricoh GXR/A12 - Great little camera, use one as a backup for undemanding shoots..
Panasonic Lumix GF1 - Lower price, nicer colors, changeable lenses, but a bit on the large side, Have one (wife's compact).

What camera is everyone using, I am looking for a nice small digital camera. I have seen 10 and 12 mega pixals with 10X zoom for around the $200 to $225 price range. What brands are you likeing. I bought a Nikon f401 and I didn't have good luck with it so I am shy of Nikon.
kemo

Canon PowerShot A570 with 7.1 mp. Its small enough for my pocket, has a bag with room for the camera, spare batteries, and a second card.

Resolution is perfect for my computer's 24" screen, the print copies can't be told from a film print, its easy to use, and it always works.

Ditto to Boogieman, got a kodak easy share C743, 3X zoom and 7.1 MP. have used it on runs, for ebay pic's and everything in between. Bought it used on ebay close to 2 yrs ago. Installed larger memory chip and have not been dissapointed.

Back