free website stats program Burnouts ..why? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Burnouts ..why?

It's a total waist of good money :newsmile093: by some who have low testosterone trying to get attention.

Nothing like a burn out on a big ole Dresser. Has to be a rental however or a loaner. Makes for good photos.

Attachments

• Vegas 11-2004_002 (Custom).jpg
    Vegas 11-2004_002 (Custom).jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 28
I've got video of one guy doing a burn out so long and hard the head pipes were glowing :newsmile055: that's to much on the bike.
I've done them from time to time with the neighborhood kids watching just to give them a thrill and only when the tire is getting replaced.

I've done my days of the burnout.....but, I will hoot and clap at a good burnout. I really like to watch a donut burnout (on a Harley). Once saw a guy do two in a row, one with the feet on the ground, and then jumped on the pegs, and didn't another, then really burned it up and shot out of a cloud of smoke. It was impressive riding.

Thorns

Not for me or my bike however, I love the smell and noise from some others willing to shred their rubber. Yes, it's pointless but, I can't wipe the grin off my face.

Kind of like watching funniest home videos on TV. Shake your heads at the sillyness but, still can't help but watch and smile. Nor can I change the channel until a commercial.

JMO.

I can't afford the rubber either or wear and tear either. Well, that and I'm sceered I might fall off and smack my head. :pelao

As a young crotch rocketeer, I used to love to do burnouts until tires started to cost too much. The bikes could handle that very well as it seems they were made for abusive riding and conditions. Now, with a little age and lot of common sense, I choose not to treat the SG like that (it is pampered) and the cost of the HD Dealership only Dunlop D407($231.27, tire only),:bigsmiley15: I won't be doing any burnouts, But I will be enjoying everybody elses!:D

Well finally a subject that i totally agree with every single response . Burnouts are the most idiotic thing people can do , i guess the ones that do have more money than brains but sadly that usually isn't the case . My money comes too hard and not soon enough to waste it smoking my back tire . Besides i agree that it's hard on the bike and i'm not running the quarter mile to see how fast i can go , so leave the burnouts to the crotch rocket adolesents and lets us that ride real bikes watch them throw their money away .

Back