free website stats program Burly Slammer kit | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Burly Slammer kit

I did ride the bike. Personally I thought angle of the seat was way to aggressive. Made me feel bent over the whole time. I would think the same idea with a mild 1 to 1.5 inch drop would be nice instead of the 3 inch drop the kit went for. Of course another drawback with this approach is that a custom seat is now required since the seat pan is radically diff than stock.

Lorgair - you may want to consider the Progressive 940's -they will lower your bike 1" without sacrificing the ride as a matter of fact IMO it will have a better ride than the stock shocks - I rode a friends and really liked them - a little pricey but a lot less than the frame lowering kit - between this and some thicker soles you can get your 1" to 1.5" that you mentioned - fxrs

Harley Suspension :: Harley Davidson Fork :: Progressive Suspension

Jack, I think only the seat pan is lowered not the shock mounting angle. That also would be inline with dealer claim that the suspension is not affected.

As I said though this kit is way more aggressive than need be and costly.

Do I really need it to get flat footed? Probably not, but I dang sure ain't riding with stiletto heels.

Lorgair - I had the same issue and challanges. I first got a great pair of boots with thick soles and added some insoles that added some more "leg length". I also took my stock seat to a local shop who shaved it down and put in some gel pad - so lower and more comfy. I also tried some blocks which change the shock angle to lower from 1 - 3 inches. I loved being more comfortable at stop and slower speeds but the lowering blocks had me feeling a but unstable in turns and bottoming out happend a few times.

I removed the blocks and still have the other things - these combined with some more miles in the seat and "Ride Like a Pro" type practice in the parking lot has made me more comfortable, confident and save a bunch of money.

Best of luck with your choice.

I bought a new '07 SG and being vertically challenged< I set about seeing what I could do.
I did get some decent riding boots which helped some but not much
Tried the reach seat...was low enough but pushed me too far forward (sent the seat to meancitycycles to get reworked) I did install a burley slammer kit... took be a afternoon to install.. I dropped my front by 1" and the rear by 2". Cost effective IMO. The ride is stiffer than stock but with the seat been reworked... can barely feel the difference.

Back