free website stats program Buell closing down!!!!!!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Buell closing down!!!!!!!

Baggh I am like you. I am proud to own my 99 s3t thunderbolt. The wife says that I should sell it but I tell her it is a classic. Rare like you say, I even consider mine more rare because of it being the touring model with the hard bags and fairing with the lowers and the PM wheels. I am not planing on giving it away if I do get an offer, but you know everything has a price and everything is for sale.
kemo

I have a 98 S3T and will NEVER sell it. It is a work of art...There is a reason it was in the Guggenheims' "The Art of the Motorcycle" exhibit...

RIP Buell!

Sounds like another version of trimming off the fat to stay fit! I hope they do make a comeback. In the NHRA Buell is giving them all they can handle!

We can only hope there will be a come back, a unique part of motorcycling at this stage has stopped , .............

I guess Harley must be having a hard time because of the economy,they wont be producing Sportsters for 14 weeks. In my town big twins are more common than than Sportys. I see more chicks on softails, Glides and Dynas than Sportster. I can see Harley discontinuing the Sportster and just making big twins .

eric buell has started "eric buell racing" making performance parts and race engines aswell as race ready 1125R's in a licencing agreement with HD. He must have some good photos of someone hidden away haha

I doubt eric will sit by on this one. He has been on the edge for years, do A Goole search of Lucifers Hammer motorcycle and you will see his early machines

I guess Harley must be having a hard time because of the economy,they wont be producing Sportsters for 14 weeks. In my town big twins are more common than than Sportys. I see more chicks on softails, Glides and Dynas than Sportster. I can see Harley discontinuing the Sportster and just making big twins .

HD is definitly scaling back production to match with the realities of market place but, I'm pretty sure the sporty's future is very secure.

Back