free website stats program Bob goes Bagger | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bob goes Bagger

Retirement funds is what is keeping me from getting a new Roadglide. If I use some of that money I would just have to work longer and that would not make me happy at all. I knew the first day I had to work I wanted to retire long be for 62 1/2.

Yep, keep at it though and then you will have enough for the RK and retirement. The economy kinda caught me off guard, since I had fully planned to work full time until 62 and then probably 3 days a week until I was 67. But the bottom fell out here a couple of years ago and and they started cutting our hours and then recently they laid the last remaining ones off and closed the doors.

I enjoy the the free time but money is sliim. My wife and I both worked and have put away a good amount all our lives, but much of it we cannot get out right now without a penalty since it was long term CD's and Annuity equivalents. I would have been in a much better position if I could have just worked 2 more years. But whatever, could be dead in 2 yrs so you just never know.

I do love those RK models with Tourpaks though. They are the utmost in travel, comfort and looks.

You and I think quite a bit alike. One of these days I'll get a chance to clean and take some new pics of my Bob. I got my windshield within the first few months...made those cold mornings much more bearable in the early fall. I just put the bags on this past winters (Harley Dark Custom bags). Now all I need is the sissy bar and 2-up config which I keep holding off on.

Having the bags this year has been GREAT! I can now go places without the back pack most of the time and when I do have it on it usually is not overloaded with stuff like it used to be.

Ride safe, enjoy the bagger bob.

You and I think quite a bit alike. One of these days I'll get a chance to clean and take some new pics of my Bob. I got my windshield within the first few months...made those cold mornings much more bearable in the early fall. I just put the bags on this past winters (Harley Dark Custom bags). Now all I need is the sissy bar and 2-up config which I keep holding off on. ... .. .... .. . .

I have the H.D. sissy Bar and rack (permanent mount).

Check out Dennis Kirk for good deals on two up seats. Mustang wide Vintage is my favorite but they have all kinds there with free shipping over $100.

I have the H.D. sissy Bar and rack (permanent mount).

Check out Dennis Kirk for good deals on two up seats. Mustang wide Vintage is my favorite but they have all kinds there with free shipping over $100.

Thanks RWB, I got my Mustang Day Tripper from Dennis Kirk, and plan on getting the pillon for it when the time is right. I'm thinking the same thing for the sissy bar, permanent mount. I love the new all in one Harley black one that came out last year I think, but it is quick detach and does not fit the '06 from from what I can gather, and my bags are permanent too.

Come next year there is about a 90% chance the Bob will be 2 up ready. This year I'll keep enjoying the solo rides :D

Dave, It Looks GOOD, I love my BOB, but I sure do miss my BAGGERS:s

Dave, It Looks GOOD, I love my BOB, but I sure do miss my BAGGERS:s

If I win the big lottery Jack, I will buy us both an Ultra. Depending on how big a pot I win, I'll throw in one for Don, Smitty, Geezer, SharpScuba, Rubyred, Tbones .......... etc . Boy if I win the lottery I'm gonna have a lot of friends.

Reminds me of a true story, once at a place where I worked I made a similar statement in the crew truck on the way to the jobsite. Only back then I said I would buy everyone a new Silverado pickup. Everyone laughed and said I was full of it. But I told them think about it, what is a guy like me going to do with 16 million dollars.

So then this one new young guy riding in the back leaned forward next to me and said real serious. Dave I want my red. I got a big kick out that.

With the right shield, it doesn't look bad at all and they do work even the smaller ones.

P9110030.jpg

Or go the other way in warmer temps.

RK_18.jpg

With the right shield, it doesn't look bad at all and they do work even the smaller ones.

umm like those wheels too. Some guys tell me the same about small shields, they say they like them. Others have told me the wind shook their heads so bad it affected their vision. I kinda feel like if it's real small it ain't gonna do anything bad and maybe a little good. But if you get a little bigger but not big enough then you could get into buffeting.

But honestly I only know what mine does since it's the only shield I've ever ridden with. Mine does an absolutely great job of making my ride totally comfortable. It looks a little tall on the Bob but that's because I'm so tall. As you know I look like an Ostrich on the Bob myself.

I was just glad to get the height I wanted in a slim width. The wider width models made me think it might look kinda like a big sail up front on the small front end of a Bob.

Back