free website stats program Bob goes Bagger | Harley Davidson Forums

Bob goes Bagger

R_W_B

Well ok, not a bagger, just a bagger wanna be. But none the less I do have a windshield and bags now.

I love my new Rifle brand windshield. It's very well built. I got it cut to just the length I wanted after measuring. Paid $326 total, including the mounting hardware, the custom cutting and shipping. Would have been around $295 for standard length. Got a better price on it thru this retailer than I would have straight thru to Rifle.

MOTORCYCLEWINDSHIELD.COM BEST PRICES

I've had it up to 85 mph and I have no wind buffeting at all. It is soooo much more comfortable riding at high speeds now. Even in a heavy crosswind riding is just more comfortable all around.

I still wear ear plugs but it's not the same hurricane blast in my ears with the shield. I got these neat ear plugs at Amazon for $13 including shipping that are great. They have a small hole in the middle. They block the wind noise but you can still hear better than other ear plugs I've tried.

Amazon.com: Hearos High Fidelity Ear Plugs for Long Term Use, 1 Package: Health Personal Care

Anyhow here is 2 pics of my Bob goes Bagger.

r_w_b-albums-misc+uploads-picture7007-bagger2.jpg

r_w_b-albums-misc+uploads-picture7008-bagger3.jpg

Thats looking good. I had a FXRS with a Fl front end and a pair of shovel head bags and the small tour pack. It was a sweet ride.

Just remember "Someday you will own a Bagger"
There is nothing like a heavy bike.....

Making those small steps to the full comfort of an Electra Glide. It won't be long now until we convert you completely to a Bagger! :D

Actually if I had the money (or was a little less conservative with my retirement funds) I would get the Glide or RK now. I think I always want to keep this Bob though no matter what else I buy. It was my first Harley and represents what I wanted my whole life.

If I get my way it has a home with me until I pass on and let my Stepson and Son in Law argue over it. Oh and BTW the way the guy that used to own my Bob traded it in on a fabulous looking brand new Red Road King with full tour pak. He also put black V&H's on the RK. We still communicate by email every now and again. I like the pics of his RK as much as I like his old Bob.

Retirement funds is what is keeping me from getting a new Roadglide. If I use some of that money I would just have to work longer and that would not make me happy at all. I knew the first day I had to work I wanted to retire long be for 62 1/2.

Actually if I had the money (or was a little less conservative with my retirement funds) I would get the Glide or RK now. I think I always want to keep this Bob though no matter what else I buy. It was my first Harley and represents what I wanted my whole life.

If I get my way it has a home with me until I pass on and let my Stepson and Son in Law argue over it. Oh and BTW the way the guy that used to own my Bob traded it in on a fabulous looking brand new Red Road King with full tour pak. He also put black V&H's on the RK. We still communicate by email every now and again. I like the pics of his RK as much as I like his old Bob.

looking good, now about that RK. i origonaly bought mine to flip. then i made the misstake of riding it. would not part with the RK or the old 98 softail. what if you what to paint the Bob you still need somethihng to ride.

bike looks Great,:coffee

Back