free website stats program Bike sat for awhile :( | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike sat for awhile :(

yup, I will do the plugs and fuel filter too.......and whether or not the air filter is a good idea, no worries I am running a wimmer intake....just a nifty little high count mesh screen so no worries about a plugged air filter.

You have the right idea, change the fluids including the gas (save it for the lawn mower or other non critical items. I guess the real question I have is why wait so long between "rides" or just sitting?

Fresh gas is the #1 priority here. Run the fluids for a few hundred miles and then change them out as well. JMO........

I bought another bike and the softail became a museum piece in the mancave that sat and glowed and shined and was admired but never rode.....I was being TOO good to her it seems :eek:)

If it were me I would change out all the fluids, new gas, make sure the brakes were good, ride it like you stold it, then fix the little things that pop up. I dont fix things that dont need fixin.

Brother, I know I lived a blessed life and it only seems as I get older that I realize "saving something for a special occasion" is pointless and I intend to enjoy my family, toys, etc more often because tomorrow may never come.....so this little bar hopper softail is going to be treated to a thrashing this coming summer.

Pipes,

Look forward to the progress of the upcoming build. Do it right the first time.....and I'm sure you will.

Back