free website stats program Bike mounted Camera? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike mounted Camera?

Makes me wish I had a fairing or some where solid to attach the camera ..... to be honest, I find it a little hard that these camera's (being so called Action Camera's) don't have a spot to attach a lanyard.

Last edited:
That’s pretty close to where I mount mine.
upload_2022-9-1_6-29-23.png
Except I have Narrow Beach Bars on mine and these individual bar mounts. I generally put my camera between these for an even camera field of view. But all our bikes are different so ya gotta go with what works for you.
BTW- how long is your camera battery run time? Originally, my Sony was only good for around 45 minutes and I had to carry 2 spares to “ cover” me for out and back.
Then I cheated and hooked up a mobile phone portable power pack and now I get at least 7 hours of recording time.
‘Taint all that pretty, but it works really well- -
upload_2022-9-1_6-39-53.jpegupload_2022-9-1_6-29-23.png upload_2022-9-1_6-39-53.jpeg

@biscuit

Thanks mate and yeah, yu have to do what is possible. As for battery life, "they claim" I should get 90 minutes out of a battery running at 60 FPS and 1080. I got two batteries with the camera and bought an additional 3 to go with them. When I do a long ride, I'll carry all 4 additional bats with me.

The only issue I have at the moment is how to stop the "shudder" having it mounted on the handle bars. I might have to try it on me some where I think. The shudder isn't that bad, just annoying.

Have you given any thought to mounting the camera between the fork down tubes, I am not saying you can, there may not be enough room. It just seems it would be a stable location.

See what you mean.
I have a mounting clamp very much like this one for mine:
upload_2022-9-2_11-15-36.jpeg
This particular one already comes with foam or some stuff on it to grip better and provide some resistance to them vibes.
On mine, I fitted some adhesive backed “Draft Excluder” to do the same thing.
You could try a couple of layers of this 5mm thick stuff:
upload_2022-9-2_11-19-13.jpeg

Or even some cut up inner tube.

My clamp is identicle to yours and does come with foam rubber lining for the clamp. I could try thicker but being an Evo and with the engine hard mounted, I don't think I am going to get anything that is going to be real smooth with a bike mounted camera :(

My clamp is identicle to yours and does come with foam rubber lining for the clamp. I could try thicker but being an Evo and with the engine hard mounted, I don't think I am going to get anything that is going to be real smooth with a bike mounted camera :(
Bummer!
Might have to wear your camera on a chest mount- but they’re a bit of a pain to put on/take off etc.
I guess if you’re feeling brave and omnipotent, you could mount it on your helmet.
You’ll just have to weigh up the associated risks( IF you see the camera on your sconce as a risk).

Back