free website stats program Bike is 1 day old and near disaster averted??? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike is 1 day old and near disaster averted???

Unfortunately, from the factory all the way to the dealer set up, we're dealing with human beings and errors are inevitable. Everyone bringing a new bike home should take 10 or 15 minutes to check EVERY bolt, cap, snap, etc. they can get their fingers on. Maybe the "Critical Fasteners" check should be moved from the 1,000 mile service to a new 10 mile service!!

On a side note, it would have been interesting to see what the dealer's warranty response would have been if you hadn't found this and actually damaged your transmission.

Also, I hope you've talked to the dealership where you bought the bike and expressed your extreme displeasure over this.

Enjoy your new ride and keep hanging out here on the forum to learn more than you can believe!

I have heard several times about the "Critical Fasteners" Check...I'll ask the dumb question... :newsmile026:

Where is this list, does it include the location, fastener size and torque? If not, I can use the magic of Microsoft Excel and make a user checkoff sheet.:p

Frankly, I have not been able to find it in either user or service manuals (there are plenty of lists in the SM but no check off list), dealer prep list or service bulletin that locates and details them? And yes, I have found errant nuts and allen fasteners wedged in my Harley and have yet to figure out where some of them went. :newsmile071:

I have heard several times about the "Critical Fasteners" Check...I'll ask the dumb question... :newsmile026:

Where is this list, does it include the location, fastener size and torque? If not, I can use the magic of Microsoft Excel and make a user checkoff sheet.:p

Frankly, I have not been able to find it in either user or service manuals (there are plenty of lists in the SM but no check off list), dealer prep list or service bulletin that locates and details them? And yes, I have found errant nuts and allen fasteners wedged in my Harley and have yet to figure out where some of them went. :newsmile071:

Somebody hasn't been reading the self help forums :lolrolling

Critical Fastener Torque - Harley Davidson Community

WOW, thanks for your post, i have also picked up a new bike and i will do a double check on the fluids, although my bike has now gone into storage ...

Back