Best grip glue

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by stevec314, Mar 19, 2009.

1. stevec314

stevec314 Member

Hey all,

I got my new grips on and followed the instructions and it was so easy. My only problem is that the "death Grip" glue that came with the grips, was dry and no good. What do the experts recomend for glueing that grip on? I tried some DAP that I had but it didn't hold to well. I might have not shaken it good enough.

Steve

2. 06SuperG

06SuperG Member

I used GORILLA glue from Menards.

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

Best to get a tube of the grip glue from the dealer.

4. tencrore

tencrore Member

I have used "super glue" when putting on Kuryakyn ISO grips. The technical term is cyanoacrylate. My suggestion is to use a slow setting, gel consistency type. This will allow you more working time to align the clutch side with the throttle side. Only downside is removing the grip, should you decide to. Will probably have to destroy the grip.

Hope this helps

5. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Don't laugh, but I use the same stuff I use for my golf club grips!! You wrap the bar with some double-sided masking tape (grip tape), and squirt it with a solvent that softens the adhesive on the tape side that is showing. Then you put your grip on twisting left and right as you apply it. Wipe off the excess that gets pushed on by the inside edge of the grip, and let it set up (dry). It will be ON THERE!!

TQ

6. wildspirit97

wildspirit97 Senior Member

7. softail00

softail00 Active Member

3m weather strip adhesive glue works great

8. W0X0F

W0X0F Member

^^+1:newsmile022:

9. bikernick

bikernick Member

Same thing happend to me. Bought the Kuryakyn Iso grips and the glue was hard as a rock. I used Gorilla Glue and it worked just fine.

10. wolfshead1

wolfshead1 Member

I have heard of using hair spray and even spray paint.I used epoxy cause I wanted my new grips on so bad and that was all I had.I was slow on the clutch side and (EDIT) near had that grip turn solid half the way onto the bar.My adrenaline kicked in and it went in place.Pity the guy who wants to change them.

Please read...
    [notes]
    A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
    [/notes]