free website stats program Best grip glue | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Best grip glue

I had the same experience. Love the Iso Grips, but the glue that comes with is useless. Years ago, when I did the FXR, all I had on hand was Super Glue. The guy that takes off that clutch side grip is gonna' need a power chisel. :bigsmiley20:

what do ya think about useing E-6000 glue? thanks,PJ

That stuff looks interesting. Not sure if I want to be the first.

++ on the super hold hair spray, especially if you ever want to get the grip off again.

I remember using hairspray on my yz-250 back in the day. I'm a little nervous about having the grip come of in one of those oops moments when I'm hanging on to the clutch side grip to keep 750lbs from hitting the ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best to get a tube of the grip glue from the dealer.

My dealer sold me GripLock (ThreeBond product) that has held and easy to work with. It is a PAIN to get grips back off when using this product, but manageable.

The real trick for grip glue to work is proper prepping of the handlebars and grip. I always take a scotch brite pad and go over all the surfaces until smooth and shinny. Then clean them up with a damp rag soaked with Acetone. BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL HANDLING ACETONE, IT'LL TAKE PAINT OFF YOUR BIKE IN A N.Y. SECOND. I've never had a grip come loose since.

Back