free website stats program Battery Tender | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Battery Tender

I was told by HD Dealership last year when purchasing my 2009 Ultra that all 2007 and above touring machines had the pigtail already installed? If it is there it will be behind the right side cover along the frame downtube.

I ended up at walmart and picked up a shumaker battery maintainer for alot less and have had no problems with it at all. so then had to put one on the wifes honda. they have worked great foe me.

IMO Battery Tender is tops. Agree with others......were to route the pigtail was the biggest decision during install.

Bought mine on line a few years ago. One of the leads broke at the battery terminal. Called Batt. Tender and ask if I could purchase just the leads. They immediately said they would send me the leads for free. A good product and good service are hard to beat!

Thanks for all the replies.......I'll do it myself, and while the seat is off, I'll give the bike a real good cleaning. I think I'll have to go with the water proof tender model since my bike is not in a garage,,,but in a covered driveway sight un- seen.

Always good feed back on this sight! :newsmile047:

A battery tender is a wise investment.

Especially as modern motorcycles with all the fancy computers and electronic fuel injection etc. etc. are so dependant on a good battery.

As a bonus, your battery will also last much longer.

My '08 Electraglide Classic came with the pigtail already wired in from the factory and it hangs down on the left side of the engine.

This pigtail also provides a handy plug-in for my electric vest on those chilly days that we have on occasion up in my neck of the woods.

Battery Tender, either OEM Deltran or HD branded version is as easy as Iceman says and probably one of the single most beneficial thing you can do regarding maintaining your HD AGM "Maintenance Free" battery. See the Self Help tip below for details:

http://www.hdtimeline.com/electrical_and_lighting_systems/797-battery_tender_for_storage.html

I use the slightly more expensive one for the JetSki crowd, which costs $50 or less and comes potted in epoxy, making it more resisitant to "drops (like I would EVER do that) and water resistant"...works great and batteries on both my old KAT and 2 year old HD have been happy!

I ended up at walmart and picked up a shumaker battery maintainer for alot less and have had no problems with it at all. so then had to put one on the wifes honda. they have worked great foe me.

I too have the Shumacher Battery Companion from Walmart. I payed $17.95
Just over 3 years ago. Autozone and Advanced wanted $39.95 for it at that time.

Back