free website stats program Battery Tender | Harley Davidson Forums

Battery Tender

dogdad

Looking to get a battery tender since everyone is talking about it. Is it as easy as taking off the seat of my 08 Road king Classic and attaching the pig tail? Or is there more to it than that....

That's about it Dogdad. Red to Positive, Black to Negative. Put the pigtail on the battery, then you can plug/unplug without having to remove the seat.

Yes, It is that simple. The pigtail has a cover so it can be left attached. Just fish it out below the battery and you can connect the tender whenever you want. I connect mine whenever the bike is garaged.

Hardest bit is deciding exactly where you want the plug to sit

Brian

Mine also comes out under the seat on the left. When it's time to ride just unplug it and it tucks right under the seat where it can't be seen.

Only one way it gets any easier. The dealer where I bought my bike installs a pigtail on all their new bikes when they come in.

Looking to get a battery tender since everyone is talking about it. Is it as easy as taking off the seat of my 08 Road king Classic and attaching the pig tail? Or is there more to it than that....
dogdad if you have your services done at a dealership, next time you stop in ask the service manager if you bought a battery tender there, could the tech throw the lead on while he's checking the battery terminals at no charge, it's good PR for the service manager and you'll be sure the tech checked the battery terminals, if you want to install yourself just for the fun of it, you'll have no problem it comes with full instructions.

Back