free website stats program Banging at start up | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Banging at start up

I installed the new stronger battery and she fired right up. So things seem to be good for now:D. Thanks again for the help because I never would have thought it was a weak battery....:bigsmiley12:. I think its time for me to donate again. This site has saved me alot of money.

I installed the new stronger battery and she fired right up. So things seem to be good for now:D. Thanks again for the help because I never would have thought it was a weak battery....:bigsmiley12:. I think its time for me to donate again. This site has saved me alot of money.

Sweet, isn't this place GREAT ! :D

0b927503.jpg

Almost missed our planned ride for Monday to the left coast. Bike started up fine all day.....Thanks to your help I made it and had a great ride.....Gezzer

:s Amazing how a bad battery can cause SOO many problems, Nice looking bike:s

OK..I have another problem now. On the way back from me ride Monday I noticed my volt guage doing what is shown in the video posted. On a ride yesterday my bike started backfiring, the volts would drop to 0 and would stop running then back up and then start again. The electrics would go out then come back on. Well I'm no electrical guru but I did the testing of the stator and regulator as stated in the help section and my stator and regulator test out fine. Could it be the 40amp breaker and how do I check it? Thanks again in advance....Gezzer Glide :panic

http://youtu.be/sfn5aRE4T14

OK..I have another problem now. On the way back from me ride Monday I noticed my volt guage doing what is shown in the video posted. On a ride yesterday my bike started backfiring, the volts would drop to 0 and would stop running then back up and then start again. The electrics would go out then come back on. Well I'm no electrical guru but I did the testing of the stator and regulator as stated in the help section and my stator and regulator test out fine. Could it be the 40amp breaker and how do I check it? Thanks again in advance....Gezzer Glide :panic

http://youtu.be/sfn5aRE4T14

MIGHT be a shorting out in that NEW Used battery you are using.:(

Just a thought.

Dieing gives me the clue NO Juice and no Nada= battery TO CHECK first....

No matter HOW MUCH out put the stator and regulator do the Battery NEEDs to be in GOOD shape or a No-Go (nova)

signed....BUBBIE

[
Could it be the 40amp breaker and how do I check it? Thanks again in advance.
...Gezzer Glide :panic

Sounds like a circuit breaker to me, but I,m not shure if that year model has the dreaded circuit breaker. Sounds like it may be time to check the service manual. :s

The battery is brand new. How do I check if it is bad? And the bike has a 40amp breaker under the seat next to the battery. Anyone have any ways of checking it? The service manual says nothing about checking anything.

Back