free website stats program Baker F6F | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Baker F6F

Re: Baker F6F Kit

i admit i got a hankering for the dd7 still to tighen up the gear ratios

I bought a Road King in 2007. After 3 minutes of riding, something was obviously wrong.
Called the dealer who said "in 5th gear? Normal". This certainly was not normal. The riding pleasure was gone. Wrote letters to HD headquarters including a copy to the "chief engineer". The response was "all normal". After about 300 miles I parked it and stored it.
Not willing to give it away after spending 20 K plus. After 2 years I finally forked out $2K for the Baker F6F fix (installed at Harley Dealer). YES it works. After the 1st shift I notice the difference. I belive that HD has taken a completely unacceptable stance on this obvious engineering mistake. To state that a $20K machine that sounds like a bucket of loose bolts is "normal" is obviously wrong. I consider this an integrity issue.
FJF.. Mechanical Engineer.
SHAME ON YOU HD. SHAME ON YOU "CHIEF ENGINEER"

Fully agree. There is a difference between a "bucket of loose bolts" and a normal whine.
The trouth is that HD has gambled on the fact that it figures the owners are not intelligent enough to know the difference.
Fork out the $2K and try the Baker F6F fix. Something HD knew but decided to let us foot the bill. SHAME ON YOU HD..SHAME ON YOU CHIEF ENGINEER

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Baker F6F Kit

The fact is that the HD transmission was designed and engineed by people who might as well work in sheds. After the F6F fix I looked at the removed 5th gears. Wonder what the circumfencial damage groove is on the big spur gear. Robots?
Idiots!

my M-1 Garand and my Colt .45 acp rattle like a bunch of junk but they work, RELIABLY and i wouldn't trade either for a box of gold. my harleys are noisy and rattle. typical american craftsmanship. goes forever, works fine and drains to the bilge. fix it when it breaks. what can you expect from a piece of a 1903 radial aircraft engine technology?

Back