free website stats program Bag theft deterent | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bag theft deterent

Well, I'm not going to try an experiment on my bike, but it would seem to me that a discreetly concealed claw hammer, up ones sleave could rip the lid open anyway. Walking off with someones phone, camera, gun or whatever tucked inside a jacket would arouse a little less suspicion than toting a saddle bag under ones arm.

...it would seem to me that a discreetly concealed claw hammer, up ones sleeve could rip the lid open anyway. Walking off with someones phone, camera, gun or whatever tucked inside a jacket would arouse a little less suspicion than toting a saddle bag under ones arm.

There is a LOT of money to be realized, selling the bags. It's usually not the contents that the thieves are after (however if there happens to be stuff like a camera, gun, phone, leathers, whatever...BONUS). It's the bags themselves. Many (me included) don't lock their bags if there is nothing in them never giving a thought of coming out to find the BAGS missing. And if there is a quick release on the tour-pak, you might loose EVERYTHING. That's well over $1000 worth of plastic, and if there is hi-powered stereo components in there...Wow! My bags will be locked from now on.

I removed the original bolt and spring clip and simply replaced with a 5/6" bolt from the inside of the bag to a clip nut on the frame. Did one per bag.

I know it happens, but I have never heard of anyone getting their bags stolen. I do lock mine, 'cause I keep my GPS in one but have never worried about it.

Leave a grenade inside the bag and secure the pin to your bike frame using fishing line, they won't steal another one LOL

Back