free website stats program AXLE NUT TORQUE ADAPTER (Part No. HD-47925). | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

AXLE NUT TORQUE ADAPTER (Part No. HD-47925).

I buy copper grease in a 500 gramme pot and stick a 1/2" paint brush in the pot and paint it on wherever i need it
It is particularly useful on the back plates and edges of brake pads to stop squeal and keep the pads free and moving over 6 months now of salt being thrown on the roads every night to stop them freezing and even with the use of copper grease i have had 2 of the brakes seize would have been a lot worse without it
This winter has gone on far to long now

Brian

So let me ask a question about the difference in the HD, Georges and the item on Amazon.
The distance between centerlines is shorter on the Amazon tool. Does it affect the torque value?
It seems it should reduce the torque required with a shorter span?

Thanks,

Jerry

I'm sure you've probably already checked, but just in case, check first and make sure you can't torque the nut without the extra tool (if you have aftermarket pipes that is). I have V&H True Duals, and they are located such that a socket fits directly onto the nut without the extension tool or removing the pipes.

So let me ask a question about the difference in the HD, Georges and the item on Amazon.
The distance between centerlines is shorter on the Amazon tool. Does it affect the torque value?
It seems it should reduce the torque required with a shorter span?

Thanks,

Jerry

It is my understanding (not certain though) that if the tool is set 90 degrees from the torque wrench, the torque value is not affected. If the tool were a straight extension of the torque wrench, this would obviously affect the torque depending on the length of the extension.

torque5.gif

Try this

Back