free website stats program AXLE NUT TORQUE ADAPTER (Part No. HD-47925). | Harley Davidson Forums

AXLE NUT TORQUE ADAPTER (Part No. HD-47925).

DFHarley19

I went to HD dealer to order AXLE NUT TORQUE ADAPTER (Part No. HD-47925) but they want $65! :panic I decided to not order and surfed the internet and found cheaper ($32.95) for same tool. Wondering if there is less than what I found...?

Chassis Tools Scroll down until you see "36MM REAR AXLE WRENCH".

Could not believe that HD wants more $$$... :small3d031:

I always remove the mufflers But i tend to pull the mufflers off the bikes at least once a year and put some copper grease round the end of the header pipe and the mufflers just pull off

Brian

Likewise; I too just pull the mufflers but have and use a similar 36 mm axle wrench (PitPosse Tools). Finding it very handy to hold left side while torque’ing right side. After first time muffler removal used silver Grade Anti-seize by Loctite. Works great; mufflers slip right off and no leaks. Seems I’m also pulling the mufflers every 12 to 16 months!
Probably just me, but I’ve not gotten the hang of that torque adaptor use. :D

I always remove the mufflers But i tend to pull the mufflers off the bikes at least once a year and put some copper grease round the end of the header pipe and the mufflers just pull off

Brian

Brian,

I wonder what is different between copper grease and grey anti-seize lubrication?

Many Thanks! :breakdance

Brian,

I wonder what is different between copper grease and grey anti-seize lubrication?

The copper is just that it has copper base, I believe the gray we are used to has aluminum as a base, they both work pretty much the same, I have used both over the years, IMO NO garage is complete with out it:D

Brian,

Being in the UK the products available here may be different from what is available elsewhere in the world copper grease is a copper based anti-seize grease that has many uses and works very well in high heat areas and as a barrier between different metal types
I have never seen the grey anti-seize

Brian

Back