free website stats program Are Super Glide Customs Rare? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Are Super Glide Customs Rare?

I started on a 03 sporty and soon realized I needed a bigger bike. I chose an 05 Dyna Super Glide Custom..I knew I liked it but after riding it I fell in love with it. It is the only HD to claim "nimble handling" in the description. I Hardly ever see other Super Glide Customs. Its a shame cause they don't know what they are missing. I see lots of Lowriders and WideGlides. My wife had a Lowrider....what a pig...handled like a battleship. Now she has a 07 Street Bob and I just got my hands on an 06 35th Anniversary Super Glide Custom. I put the BIGBORE 1550 in it and am doing the break in time now.....:D

I live in N,Ireland but i havnt seen many FXDC on the road,but ive seen plenty used fxdc in my local Harley dealer, so i guess someone is buying them other than me.
Wolfy

I have a new '08 FXDC. I've seen another 2 in the 3 months I've owned her. Pretty rare beasties here in England. However, I was most angered at a salesman in a dealership telling me that the Super Glide was "just a big Sportster". Jerk!

Sales people are there to sell and very few of them know much about the bikes. Some ride but that doesn't mean they know the mechanics of them.

The sportster and SG are two completely different bikes from the bottom up and share little if any things in common other than engine oil.

Bought my '08 in December and had the dealer install forward controls as part of the deal. Now I had the winter to change to what I wanted. A Mustang solo seat, Rush slash downs. Pullbacks ( 1" up and 2" back), Laysown plate and luggage rack. Thought I was set to go but found a lot of valve noise when climbing a long grade. I took it to the dealer and they told me it was my kickstand vibrating. Yeah, right! I put in a different oil pressure relief spring and fixed the problem and have been riding happily since. I've had a few bikes in my 66 years and think the FXDC is one of the nicer looking and handling of them all. Ride safe ~ Nels

Back