Anybody doing a New Years Day Ride?

Discussion in 'North East' started by cowboywildbill, Dec 26, 2009.

1. cowboywildbill

cowboywildbill Active Member

A few of us try to get together and ride on New Years Day.
    I think some of the local LEO's are going out for a while.
    I have to work from 3am until 12pm New Years Day.
    Hopefully they will be to hung over to go out until I get home from work.
    "Ha Ha" Ride safe if you go out. We will be around the Frederick, Md. area if we get it together.:D

2. SPORTY LADY

SPORTY LADY Active Member

hubby and i rode last year 100 miles round trip with our local h.o.g. chapter. temp was 27 when we started and not any warmer when we got home. sure was alot of fun though. we are planning on it again this year unless the salt is still on the roads. was all washed off but it has been snowing this afternoon and evening so may have to just follow in the vehicle. time wll tell. ride safe and stay warm as you can if you get to ride.

3. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

SCRC 332 does an annual New Years Day ride. Don't know where we are headed but I hope it warms up a bit:p

4. RetiredJake

RetiredJake Junior Member

My local HOG chapter in TN has a New Years Day ride, called the Polar Bear Ride. Last year it was 54 degrees, global warming I guess :) Since I'm not in TN this year, I plan on riding with the Tucson HOG Chapter. Hopefully, it will be even warmer than TN :D

5. DDogg

DDogg Junior Member

I've got to hope for above freezing weather if I plan a ride. We got over an inch of rain on Xmas and now about 2 inches of snow. Everything is ice. Now the salt comes out, so my baby is staying on the hoist for a little while.

6. jaceddie

jaceddie Junior Member

Plan on it as long as it's not raining or snowing. :D

7. cowboywildbill

cowboywildbill Active Member

Sounds great everybody. I hope we all get great weather and all have a safe ride.<><

8. miketini24

miketini24 Member

Sounds great! I'm in Hagerstown and interested in joining in on a NYD ride.

9. ron1978

ron1978 Active Member

i'm riding with local HOG chapter for a 75 mile run and eating at steak house with them, me, dad, uncle, and good friend of ours are riding along, forcasting 29 lows for morning high around 45

10. R. Lewis

R. Lewis Senior Member Retired Moderators

Hey smitty -I've seen the pics so I KNOW you ride when the snow is on the ground but are you one of them jumpin in the lake also!!!!!!???!?!?!:small3d014: