free website stats program Anybody doing a New Years Day Ride? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Anybody doing a New Years Day Ride?

Man, you guys are nuts! I'll be thinking about you as I wake up late, in my nice warm bed, thinking about how much fun we had at the party we hosted at our house the night before. I'll have a hot cup of coffee and a slice of Costco chocolate cake while you all freeze your extremities off. Brrrr. No thanks! That's exactly why I left Cleveland 40 years ago.

Yeah, I know. I got soft somewhere along the way. But I'm old.

I used to have to dive in the cold water and ice.I had the displeasure of diving on the Air Florida Plane crash in Wash D.C. in the 80's.
:newsmile011: In the 70's we wore Wet Suits "Burr" Late 70's we had dry suits and Kiby Morgan Helmets, still cold, but not as bad. In extreme conditions when we would be in the water for two hours or more and working fairly shallow we would sometimes use hot water suits, they pumped the hot water thru the suit.
But it was cold when you came up and were getting changed.
But jumping in that stuff in a bathing suit "JUST PLAIN NUTS!"
"Ha Ha". I get cold just seeing pictures of you guy's doing that! Enjoy.

Hey Mike I'll let you know if it's going to happen, The weather isn't looking so good right now. But if we don't ride NYD maybe a couple of day's later if Mother Nature cooperates.

Man, you guys are nuts! I'll be thinking about you as I wake up late, in my nice warm bed, thinking about how much fun we had at the party we hosted at our house the night before. I'll have a hot cup of coffee and a slice of Costco chocolate cake while you all freeze your extremities off. Brrrr. No thanks! That's exactly why I left Cleveland 40 years ago.

Yeah, I know. I got soft somewhere along the way. But I'm old.

I just wanna say;Costco has the best store bought cake you can get. No I don,t work there. I just love good Chocolate cake.

I just wanna say;Costco has the best store bought cake you can get. No I don,t work there. I just love good Chocolate cake.

Their large chocolate cake is by far and away, the absolute BEST chocolate cake I have ever eaten in my entire 68 years on this planet!!!

Man there are a lot of hardcore riders in this group. I am trying to get my brother, cousin and a couple of friends out for the day. They are only calling for a high of 76 on new years day. If you want to see how bad it really is for us watch the Rose Bowl.

Drive safe out there guys.

That'll depend on the weather - they've been scattering a lot of salt recently but we've had some rain which I hope will have cleared the decks. Flew out of Hobbit's home city tonight - runway closed for 3 hours due to snow :newsmile055: so I suppose there'll be lots more salt. What's going on - this is England, it's only supposed to snow for 3 hours in February while everyone is asleep and then melt by dawn???

Just in now from the nastiest ride of my life - 3a.m. sleet and horrible strong cross winds on motorway all the way from the airport - just glad I had all 3 or 4 lanes to myself most of the time - it really pushed the big Bandit rice bucket I use for the dirty work around - bit scary. Shoulda jumped in a cab:newsmile055:

see im teaching you well young padowan :D
mine have been washed and tucked up for night shifts but will be back out shortly

I like the "young" reference there Obi. How I wish that were true :lolrolling. Back again on the 1400 today with my boys. Hope that runway's still open! If the M42 is bad - I'll be waking you up to put the kettle on for a brew :D

Back