free website stats program An easy ? to be answered, but I dont know for sure! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

An easy ? to be answered, but I dont know for sure!

Confuse me Glider???? Who are you kidding?? :lolrolling
Im easily confused in many ways! Actually you didnt confuse me, I had a picture in my head as I was reading it and completely understand the concept now of 4 strokes and 2 strokes. I never did know exactly why it was called 4 and 2 strokes. I can honestly say I know now 100% due to your explanation of it, for that I appreciate it very much. I love knowledge and knowledge is POWER! This site of yours has been a true blessing for me to learn!!

:s:cheers

===============================================

nakkers, thanks for the explanation as well!! That clears up the design concept also for me. Im ready to go out now and go look at bikes to figure out if im right or not about the V-Twin. I will look like I know what im talking about now!!!:yahoo

Last edited by a moderator:
BUBBIE!!!!! Gosh, thanks so MUCH for that! I have learned so much today from you guys! That whole demo really shows me the workings of the wonderful EVO. I caught myself making the "Rumbling" noise of the H-D when it was showing the rotation of the pistons going up and down. My daughter thought I had lost my mind when I was doing that!!:lolrolling My daughter ask me if I was ok! Anyway, thanks a million for that! It has been bookmarked for future reference! Is the cam the little rod that has off set rises in it and it spins and causes the push rods to go up and down?

BUBBIE!!!!! Gosh, thanks so MUCH for that! I have learned so much today from you guys! That whole demo really shows me the workings of the wonderful EVO. I caught myself making the "Rumbling" noise of the H-D when it was showing the rotation of the pistons going up and down. My daughter thought I had lost my mind when I was doing that!!:lolrolling My daughter ask me if I was ok! Anyway, thanks a million for that! It has been bookmarked for future reference! Is the cam the little rod that has off set rises in it and it spins and causes the push rods to go up and down?
Yes, the TWIN CAM has two cams that work the same,, BUT One forward (right) and one back (left) a little,,, Still in line where the "One" is.... Two=
Straighter pushing UP the push rods with two cams.. Otherwise the motors are very close in all the motions you see..

TC also have the newer style oil pump (newer yet on 07 and up Big Twins) and chain drive cams. That EVO had A Gear driven cam..

signed....BUBBIE

ok, another question here for you. Does the primary oil and motor oil ever come into contact with each other in the motor or at anytime? I was sitting and wondering if they ever do at some point. Im guessing they dont ever mix at all!

Back