free website stats program Am I really getting the best for my bike? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Am I really getting the best for my bike?

Oh I'm calm, I am very happy with my decisions so far with my bike. I'm just looking for feedback on the good and bad issues some may have had with SE, or V&H, or in general, the mods they have. I really appreciate all the help. Thank you.

Many years in the automotive field have tought me a couple of things when it comes to service.First, dont trust service managers.They are usualy the best liars which makes them perfect for the job.Second, get to know who the top 1 or 2 mechanics are at the facility.Almost all service facilitys are made up of 1 or 2 top guys with a host of newbies following them around.If you find out Bill and Tom are the best guys they have,simply ask that one of them do the work on your bike.Its not an unreasonable request and it actualy makes them look better when they come up for a raise.There are alot of very good facilities producing poor workmanship simply because the new guy did the work.Dont be afraid to ask who did the work and follow up by asking that person what was done.

But if you ask the service manager who his best "guys" are, he's just going to lie to you, right?!?!

After reading a post about SE tuners, and a sticky post provided by Glider (both were amazingly helpful) I am starting to have questions about the upgrades I have purchased. I am certain the pipes I have purchased are great. The SE high flow and super tuner on the other hand have me worried now. Or should I be more worried about the individual working the DYNO?

This bike, much like yours is to you, is my little baby. If a shop messes it up I may be forced to fire bomb a building. :bigsmiley24: I've already purchased the parts and the shop time. Monday my bike goes in and Wednesday it comes out, I'm pretty much settled. Did I make the right choice?

Thanks all.

have you seen this page. try to remember these questions and answers when you go in and if you ask and they answer correctly it may set you mind at ease
5 Questions To Ask Your Engine Tuner - Harley Davidson Community

Don't sweat it . There are a wide variety of choices out there to make and when you get right down to it if the bike is set up properly one combination doesn't really work that much better than another. If your tuner knows what he (or she) is doing they will squeeze the extra ponies out of whatever setup you put on the bike. I'm not saying there is no difference I am only saying that if you do your homework and pick the parts to install on your bike that fit your needs ..chances are you aren't going to run into someone out on the road that will be making much more horsepower than you are given they are at the same "stage" as you. So relax and enjoy your new scoot and just remember it is only a thing it doesn't think for itself.To over simplify it you really can't screw it up because no matter what you do to it there are people all over the country that if you give them money.. and the bike....then go away....when you come back later..it will be like new ......they are called mechanics.
So don't sweat it Bro...

Back