free website stats program Am I really getting the best for my bike? | Harley Davidson Forums

Am I really getting the best for my bike?

brderj

After reading a post about SE tuners, and a sticky post provided by Glider (both were amazingly helpful) I am starting to have questions about the upgrades I have purchased. I am certain the pipes I have purchased are great. The SE high flow and super tuner on the other hand have me worried now. Or should I be more worried about the individual working the DYNO?

This bike, much like yours is to you, is my little baby. If a shop messes it up I may be forced to fire bomb a building. :bigsmiley24: I've already purchased the parts and the shop time. Monday my bike goes in and Wednesday it comes out, I'm pretty much settled. Did I make the right choice?

Thanks all.

Your choices should work well but as you mention, the dyno tuner will make or break the final outcome if they don't know what they are doing.

I wish I would have asked these questions before I bought them.

So lets just say worse case scenario happens and the DYNO operator messes up....will they fix it?

Good question.....if they mess it up, chances are they don't know what they are doing so how could they fix it?:D

Anything is possible thou.

You seem to have made good choices.Is there any real world reason you question the choice of who's doing the work?Or are you worried about something that hasn't yet happened?Give the guy a chance,after all you did that when you bought the bike didn't you?

I don't doubt the people working on the bike at all, very good shop. Thunder mountain Harley is the biggest Harley shop in all of Colorado, if they were not up to par I would think they wouldn't be as big as they are.

Some of the posts I have read have caused me to question my decisions. Also, I know very little about motorcycle parts. There are so many parts and accessories that it makes my head spin. This is why I joined this forum, lots of knowledgeable people that I can ask all my annoying questions to.

Take a deep breath, count to three, exhale, repeat. When you've calmed down enough to think clearly you will realize what's done is done. As everyone else has said, your choices seem sound. Give the Dyno Guy a chance, as Fisher said, and let's keep a positive outlook about the whole thing. If you're not happy with the results, THEN worry about what it will take to get it where you want it.

Also, lesson to be learned here - as tempting as it is to rush out and spend money on our new "babies", a little research before hand goes a long ways. At least you've found an excellent site to do the research at.

In my experience some of the best dyno tuners are from high altitude areas.It's tough to make power up there and they get good at finding the missing ponies.You'll probably get a fine running bike having your riding buddies asking you what you did to the bike.

Oh I'm calm, I am very happy with my decisions so far with my bike. I'm just looking for feedback on the good and bad issues some may have had with SE, or V&H, or in general, the mods they have. I really appreciate all the help. Thank you.

Back