free website stats program Almost got killed today! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Almost got killed today!

Glad you are safe. Like being thrown from a horse, get back on and ride it! Like people have been saying, keep an escape path available at all times.

I always plan my ride route to avoid highways. Too many stupid / inattentive / self-centered people in too close of contact to my bike.

Glad you made it back okay.

My wife and I went about 100 miles Saturday, and I know exactly what you mean about being even more careful when she's back there.

Best to you.

JBK

My wife and I set out for a nice ride to Hogback Mountain in Vermont today. I had programed our route on the computer and then transfered it onto my Garmin GPS. Well, while on Rt. 290 in Worcester, Ma., some guy/gal (?) to the left of me (I was in the slow lane) began drifting over towards us! I glanced to my left and saw that he was within a foot or so of hitting us. He realized his mistake and abrubtly cut his wheels back to his own lane where he then proceeded to cut in front of the guy who just filled in his spot. All around us was the sound of hard squealing tires and the site of the second car out of control. My wife screaming at me to get off the highway NOW! We took the next exit and headed for home counting our blessings that we didn't get clipped resulting in a terrible crash! What was really unsettling for me was the fact that my wife was with me. I try to be super careful when she's with me. Some things are just beyond our control.
P.S.
We'll be going out after supper for a ride on this hot, August night! It's a clean slate all over again.

I know what you mean I was in an accident 2 months ago and I had no control on the road conditions. There was a previous accident where I slipped on a huge oil spill and I lost control. Thank goodness someone was stopped at a red light and I ended up hitting his rear bumper and my bike ended up under his muffler after the impact. I walked away and now the bike is fixed but you sometimes have no control of the situation just hold on tight and pray hard that you can ride another day. Nice to hear you and your spouse rode away. Live to ride!!!!!!:D

Glad you are both ok. That sounds like one of those that kicks into slo mo as it unfolds around you.

Gald you are safe also. This is my second season of riding, avoiding highways like a plague. Past few days, I read about few motorcycle accidents here in chicago. One that really got me was a couple in their late 50s, probably on a joy ride on a rare beautiful day, who got hit by a car, case of a careless driver..she just survived cancer! I enjoy riding but also constantly look around me as a lot of you are saying, especially my back when I am at the stop light. Safe riding for all of us!

Back