free website stats program Almost got killed today! | Harley Davidson Forums

Almost got killed today!

horizonchaser

Contributor
My wife and I set out for a nice ride to Hogback Mountain in Vermont today. I had programed our route on the computer and then transfered it onto my Garmin GPS. Well, while on Rt. 290 in Worcester, Ma., some guy/gal (?) to the left of me (I was in the slow lane) began drifting over towards us! I glanced to my left and saw that he was within a foot or so of hitting us. He realized his mistake and abrubtly cut his wheels back to his own lane where he then proceeded to cut in front of the guy who just filled in his spot. All around us was the sound of hard squealing tires and the site of the second car out of control. My wife screaming at me to get off the highway NOW! We took the next exit and headed for home counting our blessings that we didn't get clipped resulting in a terrible crash! What was really unsettling for me was the fact that my wife was with me. I try to be super careful when she's with me. Some things are just beyond our control.
P.S.
We'll be going out after supper for a ride on this hot, August night! It's a clean slate all over again.

I know what you mean when you say "I try to be super careful when she's with me". I am the same way. Actually I always try to be super careful but I worry more when she is on the back. Boy you have to watch everyone don't you! Get back out there and have fun, but ride safe!

Always try and leave a hole. Buffer zone all the way around. May mean going faster or slower, but find the hole.

TQ

I can never fully relax when I have the wife with me. A guy I knew missed a curve and killed his wife. I just don't think I would handle that very well.
Glad you guys were okay. One good ride will calm the nerves back down.

Glad to hear that you all made it, You did right by being alert and keeping your eyes open, I don't know what is wrong people sometimes, I see it on the Road Myself, I always keep my distance with vehicles and try to have a way out.

Back