free website stats program Almost done a No No... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Almost done a No No...

I did it once...that's my story and I'm stick'in to it... :bigsmiley22:

Only difference is I deployed the stand with the bike "low centered" in the driveway...amazing how strong you suddenly get when the Adrenalin starts pumping :small3d015:

Been there a time are two!..lol i pulled into our garage..my wife hopped off...put something in my bass boat..so i jump off to see what she was cluttering up my boat with and bingo..as the bike hit the back of our legs( OUCH)...the words my wife said ..WoW I never knew she could say that stuff!.....:(.....:D

Look at the bright side, you broke the bikes fall.

My 3rd bike was a Kaw KLR650, day i brought it home from the dealer, forgot to put down kickstand, bike landed on curb and crater the $325 dollar radiator. I have never forgot a stand since.

May sound silly,but I have gotten in the habit of looking down at the kickstand just to make sure it is in its place before getting off my bike.

I went to start mine one time(ok maybe two times) when it was in gear. Both times my heart skipped a beat as my bike was tring to leave with out me.

Yeah, I did something similar to that too. Got on my bike, started it, put my hands on the grips and kicked it into gear without using the clutch. :shock It jumped and died. I was so embaressed. I was with a small group and it was noticed.:bigsmiley22:

Even worse, on your bike WITH a gorgeous girl...! Yeah, Yeah "one of those things NOT to do on your first date"! :small3d015:

Last edited:
Haven't forgot the jiffy stand - when I picked the bike up, the salesman told me to keep my foot on it until some of the weight of the bike was on it - seemed like a good idea.

I did pull up to the pump at a station, put the bike in neutral, let out on the clutch, and started to put the jiffy stand down - and caught the heal shifter with my pants leg... I was lucky, I still had my hand on the front brake. Found it was a quick way to stop the motor... Lesson learned - I keep my hand on the clutch until the stand it down.

Here is my stupid moment (one of them anyway) Last summer we were at the lake and had been on the boat all day,got back to the camp and we realized we were out of butter so I went into town ,got a lb. of butter went back to the camp,shut off the bike and got off. It stayed upright long enough for me to reach for the latch on the tourpak before it dropped on it's side.:52:Luckily I park on the grass.

Back