free website stats program Advanced Training | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Advanced Training

I just finished the "Riders Edge" course given thru many HD deaslerships. It was taught by current and retired motorcycle police. Let me tell you, these guys KNOW how to ride. I took the basic skills course as it had been 35 yrs since I rode. They also teach an advanced or skilled rider course. Look into it. I can assure you it is well worth the time and money you'll spend.

When I first started riding September 07 I took the Novice (on a 150cc) and Traffic (on a 250cc) courses which were instrumental in getting me on the road safely. On the Easter long weekend my husband and I took the HOG Advanced Rider Training and we found it an extremely beneficial course for practising slow manoeuvers and quick stops. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) it rained quite heavily on the second day but it gave me the skills to know how to ride in the rain and to do quick stops with confidence. This year I took the course on my Sporty and I plan on taking it again next year on my Street Glide...it never hurts to refresh the skills! Taking a course also helps with a break on your insurance which never hurts!

Back