free website stats program Adding TFI to stock 09 flhx | Harley Davidson Forums

Adding TFI to stock 09 flhx

Redman

Good day all....does adding a TFI unit to stock bike make sense...want to cool it down a bit and add some fuel...was wondering if this is goiing to make a difference without air cleaner or pipe change. Thanks in advance for your help.

Yes, you will notice a better running bike even with the stock exhaust and intake. The factory/EPA has these bikes running very lean.

Thanks fellas just tryiing to plot a cost effective path for improvement over stock ....to lean from what I have read. Added spectro 6 speed tran fluid and mobil 1....thanks to your suggestions...what a huge difference the tranny fluid made IMO.

Thanks glider that was my next question...as I am sure you suspected.

When I did my Stage 1, I foolishly paid for the HD std. 1450 Stage 1 upgrade to the ECM (of course that was before I had found HDTimeline!!). Now I am about to do the roller chain conversion (you don't have to worry about that one!) on my '03 UC and am adding different cams in the process. The TFI arrived in the mail the other day from Dobeck Perf.!! Just waiting on a few more bits, and then I start this little project!

TQ

TFI is for sure the way to go .. easy to tune .. I would go with it esp if you plan on upgrades later ..

Back