free website stats program Adding TFI to stock 09 flhx | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Adding TFI to stock 09 flhx

So I'm looking into TFI (stock now, gonna add slipons and intake later) and tried to read most of the other links out there on the TIF.

Is the 09 version of TFI still plug and play, meaning you don't have to mess with the O2 sensors?

The 09 TFI model (1252ST), the pdf directions sounded like you disconnected the O2 sensor wires. If so, does that cause the install to be more difficult?

Thanks for the help!

Ride safe and have fun!
Todd

you have to disconnect the o2 sensor wires.. they are a quick plug and plug in the pieces they sent you to replace the o2 sensors

It's just a resistor that takes the place of the 02 sensors on the ends of the harness to keep the engine light from being lit once the 02 sensors are out of the circuit (disconnected).

So I'm looking into TFI (stock now, gonna add slipons and intake later) and tried to read most of the other links out there on the TIF.

The 09 TFI model (1252ST), the pdf directions sounded like you disconnected the O2 sensor wires. If so, does that cause the install to be more difficult?

Todd

That's the easiest part ,the front connector is cable tied to the front frame of the bike and the rear is behind the dipstick,after you put the bypass in you can either remove the 02 sensors and replace them with a pipe plug,or what I did is to cap the end of the connector and cable tie the wires in place so that to the naked eye it doesn't look like it has been touched

what I did is to cap the end of the connector and cable tie the wires in place so that to the naked eye it doesn't look like it has been touched

I like that idea. Based on your responses and O2 not making it harder to install, TFI might be my next mod and then add exhaust/intake later.

Thanks again! Ride safe and have fun.

Todd

Back