free website stats program Adding Rush Headers | Harley Davidson Forums

Adding Rush Headers

ickysticky74

Hello All. I was wondering how hard of a task it is to add headers to a 2006 Electra Glide with an 88 engine. Is this something that can be done in my garage on a lift or is it complex that needs to be done at the dealership where they will share my a ton of money. I am skilled with tools although not skilled to rebuild an engine. Thanks in advance. Does anyone have a video or guide on this process?

due to time limits i had mine done in the stealership....but i do believe it is a easy fix at home. i just didn't have the time or space. love my rush and stage one:D

Exhaust swap is actually a fairly simple task - with right tools, little knowledge + service manual it's fairly simple. Also one great money $aver & bike upgrade. Hardest part is probably getting your old system off bike, if it's never been removed 9rusted/stuck bolts). Nothing a little penetrating oil & persistance won't cure...time to get those parts...:D

Last edited:
If you do the job yourself assemble every thing loosely, make sure it all lines up good, torque the exhaust nuts to 10 ft lbs, after a couple of heat cycles re check them:s

Thanks They came yesterday but UPS doesn't allow you to pick them up. So they have to come again on MOnday. Looking forward to the project

Make sure you get some new exhaust gaskets + pipe clamps & HT silicone (liquid copper) for the new headers. These are needed & necessities to ensure you don't have those pesky exhaust leaks.

Liquid copper to make a bead around the pipe fittings (slip on muffler to pipe). the liquid copper and new torc clamps will ensure a leak free install. Get the liquid copper at local hardware store in the automotive section...permatex I think.

Exactly what bcortani stated - need good seal @ pipe/jeader joint. Years ago I swapped exhaust on one of my bikes & always had a pesky leak right at this spot & eventually "over-torqued" the clamp trying to seal so it was a bear trying to correct my mistake. Since them (1) always use HT silicone on pipes (2) always buy new pipe clamps & (3) never over-torque clamps. Haven't had a problem since...enjoy.

Back