free website stats program Adding Rush Headers | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Adding Rush Headers

Thanks everyone. Started the process tonight. I was shorted a pipe clamp from Rush. I will have to get one from the stealership with new gaskets tomorrow. Do you think I will need to get new pipe clamps where the slip ons attach to the muffler. The pipes were put on new last July? I appreciate all the advice. By the way Rush instructions are terrible.

"All" instructions are poorly written & I believe it's because the manufacturer never tests them on a average customer. They write them as an "expert" & assume everyone is at same mechanical level as their installers so don't be discouraged. Exhaust swap is pretty straight forward & main thing is to get new system torqued correctly. As far as pipe clamps - they're also a crush-type so I always use new ($5 insurance). Huge # of owners re-use, but I'm not one of them...

Thanks for the info. They are on and sound great. The engine idles a lot smoother now. Sound is now in stereo. I think there are no leaks. How would know if you have an exhaust leak?

No pops on deceleration.

Thanks for the info. They are on and sound great. The engine idles a lot smoother now. Sound is now in stereo. I think there are no leaks. How would know if you have an exhaust leak?

No pops on deceleration.

Stop up the pipes one at a time with some folded cardboard wear some gloves, if you have a leak you will hear a hiss or a whistle sound

Thanks for the info on the leaks. I officially have no leaks. Phew.. But.. For some reason my left slip on is turning a yellow haze right where it gets bigger. This is the clutch side. I have the fuel pak set to the proper setting based on my configuration. The other slip on is fine matches the chrome from the heat shield perfectly. Thanks in advance for your info...

Hold your hand over the connection point where it is yellowing, you may have a small pinhole leak blowing back through the seam (will fell like someone puffing into your hand gently). Did you use new Torc Clamps and peratex? I tried to reuse my original torc clamps and it wa a major fail, had to buy two new ones from dealership (90 miles away so posted in mail with 12.00 s&h...GRRRrrr) that and the permatex solved the issue. Torqued to book specs and no leak, no yellowing, all is good in the world. Good Luck and happy safe riding.

Back