free website stats program Ad Valorem Tax on Touring bike | Harley Davidson Forums

Ad Valorem Tax on Touring bike

turnerbend

In the States that have to pay Ad Valorem tax when you buy your tags, is it set at a reasonable price or is it like a luxuary tax? In Georgia, my 07 Ultra far
exceeds the Ad Valorem tax cost of my wife's Caddy or my F-150 crew.
The Ultra tax this year is $179 and change. Are you paying a lot for this tax in your State?

When I bought my 09 RG in South Carolina the tax was over $450 the first year. This year it it has went down to about $350. My 92 sportster is about $40

Ad Valorem is latin for "according to value". A Rolls Royce pays a lot more for tags than a Chevy. My '07 FLHTC GA tag was $166 this year. It varies county to county. I have kept my Dyna registered in FL where tags are a set rate each year (about $35). I thought GA was bad until I read what SC is.

Delaware has no sales tax. what we have here is a documentation fee of 2.75% of the purchase price or the same based on blue book value for used vehicles. we call this a "Russ Tax" named after the governor who instituted the hated fees. before it was a straight $20 transfer fee. now they bumped our registration from $8 to $15 a year for a bike.

Here in the UK we pay road fund licence commonly called road tax a motorcycle is £76 per year cars are rated on their co2 emissions and can vary i think my car is £180 per year

Brian

In the States that have to pay Ad Valorem tax when you buy your tags, is it set at a reasonable price or is it like a luxuary tax? In Georgia, my 07 Ultra far
exceeds the Ad Valorem tax cost of my wife's Caddy or my F-150 crew.
The Ultra tax this year is $179 and change. Are you paying a lot for this tax in your State?

I live here in Georgia as well and my 09 was over $200.00 this year.

In South Dakota, we pay a one-time 3% excise/sales tax the first time we register a vehicle. The amount is calulated on the purchase price (less any trade-in value). Then it is just a yearly registration fee after that. I think it starts out around $30 per year on a new bike, and it goes down a little each year until the vehicle is over 10 years old.

I live in Evans, Ga and my 2011 Road King is $179 and my 08 Honda VTX 1800 is $102 which hasn't gone down in the 4 yrs i've owned it.

Back