free website stats program Across USA.....YOUR BEST Sights To See Roads To Ride: HELP! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Across USA.....YOUR BEST Sights To See Roads To Ride: HELP!

Last July. I road from Space Coast, FL to Seattle, WA and back. I put the spurs to it wanting Amarillo, TX on night two. Just wanted to expedite the heat exposer. Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Washington much cooler and lots, and I mean lots, to explore. There are many routes and they are not Florida summer hot. WY and western Montana can fill much of your time with a return through Sturgis and the Black Hills. Remember if you are using hotels some areas around Yellow Stone, Cody, Bozman,,,any of the parks entrances will fill up early so plan or if you have you bag...all is well.

My favorite was N120 out of Cody, Wy; W on 296; N on 212 better known as the Bear Tooth. You can stop in Red Lodge, a Ski Resort town, where civilization begins. Good food and pubs.

Enjoy your ride,
Dusty82

Upstate New York and Maine that time of year

Pretty good. I am goind this twice this year. In fact, Will be going to Madawaska <sp> for the IBA "Four Corners" ride.

TY!

BuzzCap7

Last July. I road from Space Coast, FL to Seattle, WA and back. I put the spurs to it wanting Amarillo, TX on night two. Just wanted to expedite the heat exposer. Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Washington much cooler and lots, and I mean lots, to explore. There are many routes and they are not Florida summer hot. WY and western Montana can fill much of your time with a return through Sturgis and the Black Hills. Remember if you are using hotels some areas around Yellow Stone, Cody, Bozman,,,any of the parks entrances will fill up early so plan or if you have you bag...all is well.

My favorite was N120 out of Cody, Wy; W on 296; N on 212 better known as the Bear Tooth. You can stop in Red Lodge, a Ski Resort town, where civilization begins. Good food and pubs.

Enjoy your ride,
Dusty82

WOW!! LOL That is almost EXACTLY what I was setting up to do. That was eerie.

Well aware of the rooms filling up. Do not bag it anymore. Figured it may be stupid but I have a GPS and will settle for pretty much anything and just in case to hedge my bet a little bit more, will try to bed down a little earlier than normal just in acse I need to ride more and more to find a location. ? Smart? Stupid?

Also, I plan on going thru the upp part of yellowstone, the upper part of the "8". (Wiull do it all another time.) Is it safe on a bike figuring all the wild animals there? I nvr rode this area b4.

TY!

BuzzCap7

Last edited by a moderator:
Back