free website stats program Aching hands, arms and shoulders | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Aching hands, arms and shoulders

Are you able to see over windshield???? If top of windshield is in your line of sight you are probably stretching to see over it. remove windshield if this is the case and go for a ride you may find a shorter windshield will do the trick....

In short.......you don't have a lot of cable, wire and break lines ta move stuff around. Some re-routing will give you something to work with but it won't be much. I don't think you can install risers on a FLH either, I don't think the fairing will let you. Harley sells a set of Touring Pullbacks that don't require a lot of modifications, they tell ya in the cataloge what you will need.
Here's a couple of tips.......Your wrists should be no higher than your heart, your arms should bend slightly at the elbow, your hands should be slightly farther apart than your shoulders, you should be sitting with your back and neck straight in the saddle and be able to see about 2" over the top of the windshield.
Most of us have a couple'o saddles, couple'o sets o' handlebars and enough windshields ta supply the local Police Department. Have fun makin it yers.

Had the same issue with my 07FLHRC, changed stock bars to 10" mini apes and although better the problem was still there on all day rides. Just recently went to 14" Wild One Apes and just like magic the problem is gone. 14" may seem dramatic but they actually are the most comfortable bars I've ever ridden with. My arms extend straight out with no downward or forward lean equating to no pressure on shoulders or hands, extremely comfortable!
Also switched to solid propylene dampers which give the feel of a much more solid and stable bar. My existing 6 over cables made the transition from 10" to 14" apes with room to spare.

I had the same problem when I got my new Streetglide..after trading in my Heritage. I had to have installed 2" pullbacks, longer brake and clutch cables, and a reach seat..I am 5'8" and all this helped get rid of the sore shoulders & numbing hands, and make for a much more comfortable ride. Hope this helps...

Back