free website stats program Aches and Pains After a Long Day | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Aches and Pains After a Long Day

Forgot to add I have a crampbuster as well and swear by it. Yeah electronic cruise control sounds grand but the crampbuster was $10!

Forgot to add I have a crampbuster as well and swear by it. Yeah electronic cruise control sounds grand but the crampbuster was $10!

I have both now. I only use the cruise when I'm on a "limited access" type multi lane road where I know I can go a steady speed for quite a while. Crampbuster helps the rest of the time to give the right hand a break once in a while.

Don't forget about hydration! Drink plenty of water and maybe even gatoraid. Avoid drinking too much cafinated beverages. Coffee and Coke will dehydrate you. Watch your urination. It should stay as close to clear as possible. If it becomes dark you're getting dehydrated. Ibuprofen works wonders. Maybe take some before you start riding. Ear plugs work well too. The low frequency rumble of bikes and wind buffeting will fatique you. Lastly, relax! If you're tense or worried your muscles will cramp up and make you uncomfortable early.

Full protection in the way of a jacket, pants, gloves and a full face helmet is a great idea but not for everyone. I will always wear at least a long sleeve t-shirt. Preserve the boundry layer of coolness and moisture on your skin. In temps much over 90 you'll stay cooler while riding with your skin covered. You'll also dehydrate less and take less of a beating from the sun.

The aftermarket makes some great accessories and I have quite a few of them on my bike but even with the best of them the body must be taken care of first.

btw, my longest day of riding was 980 miles in 100 degree heat. It took all these measures to do.

Just my 2 cents.

Enjoy the ride!

Mike

I have two lower discs fused in my back and have found that the backrest on the Ultra removed 90% of all discomfort.

My problem is monkey butt!! Can't make it past 200 miles without hurting. Have added bicycle pants and they help, but not enough.

Tuesday, I'm taking a day of vacation and riding to Ride & Leather in Jonesboro, IN. They will remove my seat, carefully cut open the leather cover and replace the guts with gel honey comb layers and special felt top layer. They then resew the original cover back on. Ride & Leather claims to have restuffed over 300 seats with no comebacks. I sat on an Ultra Seat during last week's ride that a new found friend of mine had installed on his ride. Sure did feel good. and at $120 about 1/4 of the cost of a Mustang or Sundowner seat

I'll let you know how it feels later this week

I have two lower discs fused in my back and have found that the backrest on the Ultra removed 90% of all discomfort.

My problem is monkey butt!! Can't make it past 200 miles without hurting. Have added bicycle pants and they help, but not enough.

Tuesday, I'm taking a day of vacation and riding to Ride & Leather in Jonesboro, IN. They will remove my seat, carefully cut open the leather cover and replace the guts with gel honey comb layers and special felt top layer. They then resew the original cover back on. Ride & Leather claims to have restuffed over 300 seats with no comebacks. I sat on an Ultra Seat during last week's ride that a new found friend of mine had installed on his ride. Sure did feel good. and at $120 about 1/4 of the cost of a Mustang or Sundowner seat

I'll let you know how it feels later this week

If it's as great a seat as you're describing, then $120 is one heck of a deal!
Do you know if they have a website or phone number? Wonder if you can mail them a seat and have them work their magic?

Back